Screen Recording in Vicidial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Screen Recording in Vicidial

Postby ramizuabhalim » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:21 am

Hi Team,

Good day to you.
Do you have any screen recording software can integrate with Vicidial?
Will be nice if can get opensource software.

Thanks in advance
ramizuabhalim

Re: Screen Recording in Vicidial

Postby mflorell » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:34 am

OrecX is the only option we've helped clients deploy in produciton at this point, and it is an open-core/proprietary-front-end type of solution, but it does work very well with VICIdial. We have over a dozen clients that have deployed it that we know of over the last decade.

We have done some research and testing into WebRTC screenshots(still images of the agent workstation at regular intervals) but it is not full motion video. It looks promising, but would require agents to approve the screen capture every time they log into the agent screen(no way to turn this off in the browser unfortunately). The OrecX solution on the other hand requires an application to be installed on every agent workstation, but does not require any interactions with the agent upon login.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ramizuabhalim » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:17 am

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reply.
OrecX is open source for screen recording? or any involve cost to deploy with Vicidial?
ramizuabhalim

Postby mflorell » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:29 pm

The Oreka SC product is a pay for product, I have no idea how much it costs, clients that want to use it contact OrecX directly,
http://www.orecx.com/screen-capture/
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ramizuabhalim » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:47 pm

Hi Matt,
Thanks , I will try to contact them.
Just asking, Paid version will be One Time Charge or Annual License?
ramizuabhalim

Postby mflorell » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:26 am

If you want their help installing Oreka on your cluster, that is a one-time fee. After that, I believe it is licensed on a yearly basis based on the desired features and the number of agents. Not sure on the details of the last part, it's been years since we got a quote from them directly.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ramizuabhalim » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:22 am

Hi Matt,

Continue this topic, I have question, how i can determine which server for agent server? Which server for dialing server?
As cluster setup like this 1 web server, 3 DB server and 2 dialer server.

From OrecX, they required at least 1 agent server and 1 dialing server to capture the IAX protocol .

Thanks in advance.
ramizuabhalim

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:19 am

For OrecX, you have to install the OrecX software on all servers that handle phone calls, both agent and dialing servers. And, you cannot auto-dial or handle incoming phone calls on the same server that agents are logged into. This is because OrecX works by sniffing network traffic, and if the call stays on the same server while being routed to an agent, it won't trigger a recording.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support