How to send answering machine calls to next available agent

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to send answering machine calls to next available agent

Postby cyberkyd » Sat May 07, 2022 5:56 pm

Hi all,
i've a vicidial
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3256

I've a broadcast campaing up and running and also an autodial plus manual campaign. they're all working fine
My concern is how do i, in an autodial/ratio campaign,

1) be able to listen to calls ringing by agents instead of silence.
2) and also have the vicidial to send the voicemails to next available agents to manually record for every answering machines as opposed to filtering it out or sending a recorded message. I want the agents to manually leave message to every answering machines. and of course the answered calls will go to the next available agent as well.

Thankyou.
cyberkyd

Re: How to send answering machine calls to next available ag

Postby carpenox » Sun May 08, 2022 6:45 am

set the campaign routing to 8368 instead of 8369 to turn AMD off
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby cyberkyd » Sun May 08, 2022 11:09 am

Hi @carpenox,
Thanks for the response.

I've tried that already but no success. i didn't get the calls to leave voicemail. Plus i couldn't hear the calls ringing. I've dial ratio set to one.

Your response is much appreciated.
cyberkyd

Postby williamconley » Mon May 09, 2022 5:45 pm

cyberkyd wrote:I've tried that already but no success.

That's a little vague: Are you saying the calls were not sent to the agent? That would be "SUCCESS" for extension 8368. The purpose of 8368 is to send a call to an availble agent upon ANSWER signal from the carrier.

cyberkyd wrote:i didn't get the calls to leave voicemail.

8368 sends the call to the agent. The agent is then responsible for leaving the voicemail OR pushing the "VM" button in the Transfer-Conf pane (two steps: Push Transfer-conf, then VM). This only leaves a message on the answering machine if properly configured in the Campaign settings for AMD/Voicemail.

cyberkyd wrote:Plus i couldn't hear the calls ringing. I've dial ratio set to one.

Agents ONLY hear calls ringing if the call is Manual dial. The entire Vicidial system is built around autodial and sending calls to available agents (or other scripted pathways) after the call is ANSWERED. Until the ANSWER, nothing happens. Obviously that means the agent never hears ringing.

Also worthy of note: In many scenrios it's the caller's telephone that supplies the "ringing" sound. Vicidial does not provide this because there's nobody there to listen, it's an autodialer. Thus in many cases even if you could listen during that part of the call, there would be no ringing. This is often a problem during manually dialed calls, as Vicidial does not provide that artificial ringing sound when it receives the "ringing" signal from the carrier.

cyberkyd wrote:Your response is much appreciated.

carpenox has helped a freakin' lot of people. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby cyberkyd » Tue May 10, 2022 1:07 am

Hi Williamconley,

It's great to see your response, I've read a few posts of yours, You're amazing and a gem to this community. Thankyou for your response.

Continuing with the post.

After setting the routing extension to 8368 ( also tried 8364), i waited for a good 20 minutes to get an answering machine to be transferred to the live agent ( Please note i want agents to leave voicemail out of their mouth, not by a pre-recorded voicemail) . but all we only got was Humans who picked up phone(live calls).

[[ carpenox has helped a freakin' lot of people. 8-) ]]

I checked, Yes he has been and still is, awesome and active in support and sandbox projects.
cyberkyd

Postby williamconley » Tue May 10, 2022 9:04 am

Not to appear "thick-headed", but how do you expect Vicidial to force a human to let their answering machine pick up the phone? 8-)

Or said another way: You are saying you don't get answering machines. This could be because you are not calling numbers at which answering machines are available. Nothing "Vicidial" can do about the quality of your phone numbers.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support