Amazon Lex Integration

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Amazon Lex Integration

Postby rustynail » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:03 am

Hi,

As subject suggests, we want to integrate amazon lex audio chatbot with vicidial in a way so that when agent dials outbound call (auto or manual), then when customer picks the calls he is transferred to an amazon lex audio bot (which is already created and tested). So once the bot interaction is complete, customer is redirected back to queue or an agent directly based on the response from lex bot.

I have tested bot and connected it to amazon connect and it works fine. Just stuck at how can I integrate it with vicidial. If there is any help or someone can show path on how to achieve this then it will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
rustynail

Re: Amazon Lex Integration

Postby mflorell » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:09 pm

One of our clients looked into doing this last year. The client's legal department said the Amazon terms of service would not allow for that type of use so they abandoned the project. I never got the details from them on how exactly it violated the Amazon terms of use, but it might be something you would want to look into.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rustynail » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:20 am

Thanks for the reply Matt. I, too, am surprised to hear how can this violate Amazon terms as they provide paid service already. I am particularly interested in two options. 1) Using Unimrcp which is with paid license 2) Perl's Paws::LexRuntimeV2 library which is probably free solution but currently have no luck.

If someone here has worked already with these then he might reply as it could be helpful.

Cheers.
rustynail

Postby williamconley » Tue May 24, 2022 3:44 pm

We've had some clients using paid audio conversion systems, but not at the onset of the call, as a rule. Usually Cepstral or commercial menuing system.

I don't see any reason why Amazon would block the service, but I can definitely see where calling someine in the US without proper authority would cause a legal department to have a hernia.

But if you're paying Amazon for the service, and have permission to call the numbers with automated voices rather than humans and DO NOT GET COMPLAINTS, I don't see why it couldn't be done.

Responsiveness, throughput, bandwidth, those are different stories.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support