Auto hangup parked channel on customer hangup

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Auto hangup parked channel on customer hangup

Postby arpit.modi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:00 am

Hi,

I am using vicibox 9 with:
VERSION: 2.14-810a
BUILD: 210421-2227

I am not sure how it should work but I do have below request for call park feature:

- When agent is on call with customer and click on PARK CALL button, call goes to park and timer starts.
- There is a button to GRAB the parked call, but if instead of pressing that button if agent directly press on HANGUP CUSTOMER then the customer continues to stay in park and that channel is dropped after few minutes.

In this case, if I want to automatically hangup that parked call when agent click on HANGUP CUSTOMER then how do we do that?

Thanks in Advance :)
arpit.modi

Re: Auto hangup parked channel on customer hangup

Postby mflorell » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:37 pm

Well that seems pretty rude, hanging up on someone while they are on hold, which is probably why we did not test for that scenario.

It should not be that hard to add, but we've never had anyone ask for that before.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby arpit.modi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Thank you Matt for your response.
I completely agree, but even if agent is not grabbing the parked call and directly does the customer hangup like I said then customer stays in the park and then automatically hung up after few minutes. That would be also little rude to hungup him when he is on old :)

How would we add it with minimal to no code modification? Can it be handled by just setting some configuration?

Please let me know.
arpit.modi

Postby carpenox » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:31 pm

sounds like you have other issues bro, it SHOULD/DOES normally hang up when you press hangup, whats the specs of your system and how many agents on it?
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby arpit.modi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:23 am

Hi,

I am trying to test this in a local VM at this moment with just a single agent, but still the issue persists.
Anything to check for this?

Thanks.
arpit.modi

Postby GenXOutsourcing » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:47 am

If I am understanding correctly, basically when you put the customer in PARK, you have removed them from the meetme conference. Then if the agents clicks HANGUP, the customer is stuck in limbo.

My question would be, why are agents hanging up with the customer in PARK.
Built too many to count, Centos7 Scratch install, Opensuse Scratch install, Centos8 Scratch install, etc.
Dual 8 core/32gb RAM/500gb SSDs
SVN Version:3440
VERSION: 2.14-812a
genxoutsourcing.com
GenXOutsourcing

Postby arpit.modi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 am

Yes, you have a very good question but here the answer is they do sometimes forget that they have parked a call and just hangup the line.

Here I am thinking to do a small customization, to disable the hangup button when there is a call in park for that agent. So, at least they get an idea that the call is in park when they are not able to hangup the customer. :lol:

Any other ideas to prevent this situation?
arpit.modi

Postby carpenox » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:22 am

train your agents better? lol i dunno bro thats so strange to "forget" they have someone on the line, sounds like they are giving you an excuse imo
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby GenXOutsourcing » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:24 am

arpit.modi wrote:Yes, you have a very good question but here the answer is they do sometimes forget that they have parked a call and just hangup the line.

Here I am thinking to do a small customization, to disable the hangup button when there is a call in park for that agent. So, at least they get an idea that the call is in park when they are not able to hangup the customer. :lol:

Any other ideas to prevent this situation?

Better yet, why are they putting agents in PARK? Disable the option to use PARK calls.
Built too many to count, Centos7 Scratch install, Opensuse Scratch install, Centos8 Scratch install, etc.
Dual 8 core/32gb RAM/500gb SSDs
SVN Version:3440
VERSION: 2.14-812a
genxoutsourcing.com
GenXOutsourcing

Postby arpit.modi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:21 pm

Yeah, that's so irresponsible and those are not my agents. Anyway, thanks for your valuable suggestions.
Let's hope this gets sorted out.
arpit.modi

Return to Support