3 way call no Ring Back Tone

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

3 way call no Ring Back Tone

Postby Kabis » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi Team,

In 3 way call, No ringback tone cannot be heard for eighther internal phones or external mobile phones.

I tried 88 prefix. But the problem is no iax2 trunk of ASTloop. So calls disconnected.

I tried with SIP trunk same trunkloop. But SIP identifies loop detected and call hangup (482).

I installed scratch installation in july 27, 2020.

My question is -
Is there anything another way to hear RBT without iax trunk?
We are ready to help you,
Regards,
KABIS,
Email ID: kabisforu@gmail.com
Kabis

Re: 3 way call no Ring Back Tone

Postby williamconley » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:59 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) If your installation was indeed "from scratch" it is customary to include a link to your installation instructions.

4) I'm not sure what you mean by "ringback tone", I will assume you just mean "ringtone". 8-)

5) Your carrier or the carrier of the callee must provide a ringtone. If they do not (and most don't) Asterisk does not just insert one (since that would overlap any existing ringtone). Thus most telephone handsets will provide their own ringtone when they are told "ringing" as a call status. But Meetme rooms do not do this.

6) The ONLY solution to this is to generate a ringtone is to cause your system to "override" and insert a ringtone. There are two methods for this, but the first one requires BRIStuff which is a very old asterisk module and hasn't been around for quite some time. With this you needed to add "R" to the Dial command options and *poof* ring tone. If you have asterisk 1.2 or 1.4 (If I recall). The second solution, however, requires a 2nd call to supply the ringtone or MOH to simulate a ringtone. I recommend the second call, but I'd love to hear your result if you make MOH work.

http://eflo.net/VICIDIALforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16625

http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... =7&t=16625
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: 3 way call no Ring Back Tone

Postby Kabis » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:54 am

Hi William,

1. Thank You,

VICDIAL
VERSION: 2.14-763a