Ringtone on Inbound call in Queue

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Ringtone on Inbound call in Queue

Postby atkins513 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:59 pm

I have a newer setup, but I cannot seem to find a setting to play a tone, song, or alert when inbound calls are in the queue but not yet picked up. I want to add a tone, alert, or audible sound that plays whenever
there is a call waiting to be answered in the Queue. Can someone walk me through this?

Thank you,
G

VERSION: 2.14-587c BUILD: 190902-0914
atkins513

Re: Ringtone on Inbound call in Queue

Postby williamconley » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:09 pm

Which scenario?

Scenario One:

Call in queue and your agent is READY to take a call. Result: The call is sent to the agent. The agent's headset will "ping" with the standard Meetme Room sound. Although there is a way to add a custom sound to this scenario in the Ingroup settings (and delay the arrival of the lead to avoid having them hear the sound in question). If you prefer that the "calls in queue" value being more than ONE result in a ringtone on the agent's web browser in this scenario ... that's not yet a feature. You'd have to program it. However: That would be very annoying to any agent who is already in a call.

Scenario Two:

Call in queue and your agent is PAUSED but logged in and would otherwise get this inbound call (were he not paused, of course). No sound is heard. I presume this is where you'd like to hear a ring tone. Solution: Set the agent up as an "OnHook" agent (with an OnHook phone, technically) and have the agent READY instead of PAUSED. Then the agent's phone would ring. If you prefer that the "calls in queue" value being more than ONE result in a ringtone on the agent's web browser in this scenario ... that's not yet a feature. You'd have to program it.

Scenario Three:

Agent NOT logged in to a campaign, but ... is watching the Real Time Screen and would be able to see an inbound call not being transferred to an agent. If you'd like this scenario to result in a ringtone for the real time screen, that's interesting.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby atkins513 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:23 pm

williamconley wrote:Which scenario?

Scenario One:

Call in queue and your agent is READY to take a call. Result: The call is sent to the agent. The agent's headset will "ping" with the standard Meetme Room sound. Although there is a way to add a custom sound to this scenario in the Ingroup settings (and delay the arrival of the lead to avoid having them hear the sound in question). If you prefer that the "calls in queue" value being more than ONE result in a ringtone on the agent's web browser in this scenario ... that's not yet a feature. You'd have to program it. However: That would be very annoying to any agent who is already in a call.

Scenario Two:

Call in queue and your agent is PAUSED but logged in and would otherwise get this inbound call (were he not paused, of course). No sound is heard. I presume this is where you'd like to hear a ring tone. Solution: Set the agent up as an "OnHook" agent (with an OnHook phone, technically) and have the agent READY instead of PAUSED. Then the agent's phone would ring. If you prefer that the "calls in queue" value being more than ONE result in a ringtone on the agent's web browser in this scenario ... that's not yet a feature. You'd have to program it.

Scenario Three:

Agent NOT logged in to a campaign, but ... is watching the Real Time Screen and would be able to see an inbound call not being transferred to an agent. If you'd like this scenario to result in a ringtone for the real time screen, that's interesting.

Actually, Scenario One: However, the agent is ready to take the call and the call is in Queue, but the setting for "Next Agent Call:" is set to RING ALL, which means it does not automatically get transferred to any agent and instead shows in the Queue below until any agent clicks "Take Call", then the call is transferred to the agent. I am looking for all agents to hear an alert of some kind to let them know a call is waiting. Thanks for helping.
atkins513

Postby williamconley » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:46 pm

That is precisely what the ringer on the phone is for. OnHook agents phones will ring to "alert them" to answer the phone which will automatically "take call". Still ONE button, same result but Ringing Is Heard.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support