Problems with Call Menu

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Problems with Call Menu

Postby AyukRolandAgbor » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:16 am

Hello Support team!

We have VICIdial installed in a single server (with OS CentOS 7) using the scratch install installation precedure ( reference http://swanand18.blogspot.com/2017/06/v ... tos-7.html ).

Our inbound calls are working just okay (configured with the help of the VICIdial Manual).

We decided to route the calls to an IVR for our system. The IVR is in three stages as follows;

1) The major welcome IVR (welcome_callmenu), which has options; 1 (for English): route --> Callmenu_for_English and 2(for French): route --> Callmenu_for_French
2) Callmenu_for_English has options 1; route --> IN_GROUP, 2; route --> Callmenu_for_our_service. Callmenu_for_our_service will simply play a song explaining our services.
3 Callmenu_French was left unfininshed. Which i think is not be responsible for the problem am trying to expose here.
4) Our DID route --> CALLMENU (callmenu ID --> welcome_callmenu).

Now, the major issue here is that, when a call is launched, the welcome_callmenu plays and keep repeating even when the caller puts in the 1 or 2 as instructed by the welcome_callmenu IVR till the call hangs up.

We have tried checking online and in this Forum to see if i can get some help but my case appears to be different with all those we saw.

Any help will be greately appreciated. Thank you in advance.

server Specs
VERSION: 2.14-738a
BUILD: 200210-1628
single server
install is done with the help of scratch installation of vicidial on CentOS 7
AyukRolandAgbor

Re: Problems with Call Menu

Postby AyukRolandAgbor » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:59 am

AyukRolandAgbor wrote:Hello Support team!

We have VICIdial installed in a single server (with OS CentOS 7) using the scratch install installation precedure ( reference http://swanand18.blogspot.com/2017/06/v ... tos-7.html ).

Our inbound calls are working just okay (configured with the help of the VICIdial Manual).

We decided to route the calls to an IVR for our system. The IVR is in three stages as follows;

1) The major welcome IVR (welcome_callmenu), which has options; 1 (for English): route --> Callmenu_for_English and 2(for French): route --> Callmenu_for_French
2) Callmenu_for_English has options 1; route --> IN_GROUP, 2; route --> Callmenu_for_our_service. Callmenu_for_our_service will simply play a song explaining our services.
3 Callmenu_French was left unfininshed. Which i think is not be responsible for the problem am trying to expose here.
4) Our DID route --> CALLMENU (callmenu ID --> welcome_callmenu).

Now, the major issue here is that, when a call is launched, the welcome_callmenu plays and keep repeating even when the caller puts in the 1 or 2 as instructed by the welcome_callmenu IVR till the call hangs up.

We have tried checking online and in this Forum to see if i can get some help but my case appears to be different with all those we saw.

Any help will be greately appreciated. Thank you in advance.

server Specs
VERSION: 2.14-738a
BUILD: 200210-1628
single server
install is done with the help of scratch installation of vicidial on CentOS 7

Well, the solution to my problem was to change the dtmfmode from rfc2833 to inband in the Account Entry:
AyukRolandAgbor

Re: Problems with Call Menu

Postby mflorell » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:36 am

Thanks for posting your solution!
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support