GMT offset not working

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

GMT offset not working

Postby EXviciman » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:16 am

Default time is set to GMT-5 and I set the gmt_offset_now on the leads in a list to be GMT-8. TIME ZONES WITHIN THIS LIST is ok but the GMT offset is not working.
It is adding leads to the hopper that should be added 3 hours later.

Is there something I should set so the GMT offset will work?

VERSION: 2.14-675a
BUILD: 180520-1749
EXviciman

Re: GMT offset not working

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:21 am

You have provided some technical details, but not ALL the technical details. Thus it is normal for us to assume that the details you left off provide your answer.

1) "default time"? On what screen of what interface?

2) Provide a single example showing ALL times involved in the decisionmaking process. System time (from the command line interface). Management interface time (easy to find on the real time screen). Time shown in Asterisk's CLI Time from the "Reports" page when you expand the server listing to show time on each server. Time settings for the campaign and the list. And of course the GMT for a lead that was put into the hopper which you believe should not have been.

3) You could try manually executing the hopper script while specifying the Campaign and using --debugX (clear the hopper first so it'll load leads).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby EXviciman » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:44 am

HI,

In admin/servers I have Local GMT=-5. On reports page, DB time and PHP time are same with the server time. Also Asterisk CLI time is same with all that i mentioned before.
The campaign i use has Local Call Time=24 hours default. The leads in the list that is assigned to the campaign have GMT=-8.

I checked the loading to the hopper it is loading leads with gmt_offset=-5
INSERT INTO vicidial_hopper (lead_id,campaign_id,status,user,list_id,gmt_offset_now,state,priority,source,vendor_lead_code) values('135467','CMP_NAME','READY','','2111','-5.00','','0','S',"").

What i like to achieve is to load leads (GMT-8) when it is 12AM (GMT-5) and not earlier.
EXviciman

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:56 pm

If you want to limit the leads by time zone, you can't use "24 hours". If you want to "prefer" leads by time zone, you can set the list order to a TZ list order. But that won't omit leads, just load in the order of TZ.
williamconley

Postby EXviciman » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:43 am

Ok just to clarify if I will not use "24 hours", and use a Call time of lets say 10am to 22pm then it should omit them, is that right?
EXviciman

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:11 am

EXviciman wrote:Ok just to clarify if I will not use "24 hours", and use a Call time of lets say 10am to 22pm then it should omit them, is that right?

"it" ... "them"

If you use a call time which is set from 700 to 2200, any campaign using that call time as the "local call time" setting will not load leads into the hopper if the local time for that lead calculates before 700 or after 2200. This requires the server time, php time, and TZ to be properly set to calculate the time. The GMT nightly script will adjust the time zone on the leads based on the list and campaign settings and values for each lead.

Note that the name of the call time is not relevant, as that is merely text and not binding.
williamconley

Return to Support