Problems with Inbound call

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Problems with Inbound call

Postby AyukRolandAgbor » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:10 pm

Hello Support Team!

I have installed VICIdial on a single machine. I can make outbound call (through the Agent's web interface) with the Carrier settings below.

Through out the post i changed the following:

SIP accont with sipaccount.
SIP accont password with sipaccountpassword.
SIP server IP with 188.XX.XXX.XX (public IP).
Our DID (for inbound calls) with DID.

Carrier settings

Carrier ID: SIP_CARRIER.
Carrier Name: VICIdial SIP Carrier.
Admin User Group: All.

Registration String: register => sipaccount:sipaccountpassword@188.XX.XXX.XX:5060/DID (with DID being our DID).

Template ID: NONE.

Account Entry:

[sipaccount]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
type=friend
username=sipaccount
secret=sipaccountpassword
host=188.XX.XXX.XX
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound
qualify=yes

Protocol: SIP

Globals String: Empty

Dialplan Entry:

exten => _9237XXXXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _9237XXXXXXXXX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@sipaccount,,tTo)
exten => _9237XXXXXXXXX,3,Hangup()

Server IP: XXX:XXX:XX:XXX (VICIdial server IP)

Active: Y

But when i make inbound calls i get the message "the callee is busy now, please try again later. Below shows the Logs when the inbound call is going through.

Detailed explanation of inbound configuration.

Ingroup configuration

Group ID: Test_sales_in_group
Group Name: Primary Sales Line
Active: Y
Admin User Group: All
Next Agent Call:ring all
Queue Priority: 0 (No other ingoup is active in the system)
Script: CALLNOTE (default script)

I went to the campaign and added the ingroup into it.

DID setting

DID Extension: Ourcompany'sDID
Active:Y
Admin User Group: All
DID Route: INGROUP
In-Group ID: Test_sales_in_group (The ingroup created above)
In-Group Call Handle Method: CID
In-Group Agent Search Method: LB
In-Group List ID: 106 (Which is the List i created to upload leads in the campaign)

I changed the trunkinbound in Extensions.conf as below.

[trunkinbound]
exten => DID,1,AGI(agi-DID_route.agi)
exten => DID,n,Hangup()
exten => h,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log--HVcauses ... EBUG-----${HANGUPCAUSE}-----${DIALSTATUS}-----${DIALEDTIME}-----${ANSWEREDTIME}-----${HANGUPCAUSE(${HANGUPCAUSE_KEYS()},tech)}))

Asterisk logs during inbound calls

localhost*CLI>
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
> 0x7f3a40026900 -- Strict RTP learning after remote address set to: 188.XX.XXX.XX:10460
-- Executing [DID@trunkinbound:1] AGI("SIP/sipaccount-0000000e", "agi-DID_route.agi") in new stack
-- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/agi-DID_route.agi
-- <SIP/sipaccount-0000000e>AGI Script agi-DID_route.agi completed, returning 0
-- Executing [DID@trunkinbound:2] Hangup("SIP/sipaccount-0000000e", "") in new stack
== Spawn extension (trunkinbound, DID, 2) exited non-zero on 'SIP/sipaccount-0000000e'
[Mar 30 16:49:46] WARNING[15492][C-0000001e]: func_hangupcause.c:140 hangupcause_read: Unable to find information for channel
-- Executing [h@trunkinbound:1] AGI("SIP/sipaccount-0000000e", "agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log--HVcauses--PRI-----NODEBUG-----16--------------------)") in new stack
-- <SIP/sipaccount-0000000e>AGI Script agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log--HVcauses ... ----------) completed, returning 0

I have followed the admininstrator manual and as well searched the solution online to no avail (what i see are other cases different mind).
Thank you for helping reolve this problem.

System information
VERSION: 2.14-738a
BUILD: 200210-1628
single server
install is done with the help of scratch installation of vicidial on CentOS 7
AyukRolandAgbor

Re: Problems with Inbound call

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:28 pm

Excellent attention to detail, however: "scratch installation of vicidial on CentOS 7" should include a link to the installation intructions you used in case there are others with the same install who may have a similar problem.

That being said: I see that you have the DID routed to an ingroup and you've shown Some of the configuration for that ingroup. But you did not post any information regarding whether there are agents logged in to that ingroup or whether that ingroup is configured to "bounce/kick" if there are no agents in the campaign.

Are your agents "OnHook"? If so, try again using the instructions from the manual from beginning to end. The instructions do not initially use OnHook agents, that's a more advancted feature and will not work if the ingroup is not already working before OnHook can be used.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby AyukRolandAgbor » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:03 am

williamconley wrote:Excellent attention to detail, however: "scratch installation of vicidial on CentOS 7" should include a link to the installation intructions you used in case there are others with the same install who may have a similar problem.

That being said: I see that you have the DID routed to an ingroup and you've shown Some of the configuration for that ingroup. But you did not post any information regarding whether there are agents logged in to that ingroup or whether that ingroup is configured to "bounce/kick" if there are no agents in the campaign.

Are your agents "OnHook"? If so, try again using the instructions from the manual from beginning to end. The instructions do not initially use OnHook agents, that's a more advancted feature and will not work if the ingroup is not already working before OnHook can be used.

The scratch installation site is http://swanand18.blogspot.com/2017/06/v ... tos-7.html.

As concerns Agents; My agents are logged in each time i am carrying a test, to avoid any misdirection. I would also like to understand better the meaning of the bounce/kick for the ingroup.

As concerns OnHook; i will follow the manual again from beginning to end. And Reply here if all went well or not.
AyukRolandAgbor

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:11 am

Ingroups have settings for call handling in many scenarios. No agents present, long wait times, time of day ... it's entirely possible that the call is being handled by the ingroup as designed and terminating the call because there are no agents. So skipping straight to fully configured with onhook agents could be masking other configuration and functionality issues OR it could just be that you've configured the ingroup to behave in this manner.
williamconley

Postby AyukRolandAgbor » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:30 pm

williamconley wrote: Are your agents "OnHook"? If so, try again using the instructions from the manual from beginning to end.The instructions do not initially use OnHook agents, that's a more advancted feature and will not work if the ingroup is not already working before OnHook can be used.

Williamconley, thank you very much for replying. My inbound calls are working and agents can take the calls on the web interface as designed by VICIdial.

I followed your advice indicated in the quote, by re-installing VICIdial following the manual as you said.
AyukRolandAgbor

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Thank The Vicidial Group for producing that manual. That's what it's for! 8-)

The BEST method to thank them, IMHO, is to purchased the PAID version of the Manual. It covers in detail a great many features with step by step instructions. Hundreds of pages of detailed instructions. Pay for it. Read it a few times. You'll spend a lot less time trying to get help (but should then consider, seriously, GIVING help on the forums ... because it's the best way to Hone your Vicidial skills in addition to "giving back" to the group).
williamconley

Return to Support