How to rerun the same list withot reset dispositions?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to rerun the same list withot reset dispositions?

Postby nitz2005 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Hope you can help me.
I wanted to know how I can run the same list without "Reset Lead-Called-Status for this list". when I do that it reset sales and other numbers I don't want to call again.
I want to run the same list but call only the numbers that haven't answered before.

What do I need to do once vicidial get to the "no leads in the hopper"?
So far what I did was either Reset Lead-Called-Status for this list or switch to another list.

Thanks!
nitz2005

Re: How to rerun the same list withot reset dispositions?

Postby williamconley » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:24 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) You're conflating the reset methodology vs "Dial Statuses" in the campaign settings. Dial statuses determine which numbers get called. Resetting the dialed-since-last-reset literally ONLY changed "dialed since last" from Yes to No. If you want to avoid dialing leads based on status, you change the "dial statuses" listed as dialable on the campaign. Resetting dialed since last does not "enable" any status to be dialed. Confusing those two is rather common, however, so you're in good company.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby nitz2005 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Thank you for the answer.
I have no idea about anything related to number 2 you just mentioned - I have a developer who set it up for me

regarding 3
https://ibb.co/09LjvJQ
attached a photo (no viruses lol no worries).
so whatever I choose here will be dialed?
So If I want to dial only people that were "no answer" I need to delete everything else and just leave this one as the only option?

If the list is over , and I will do it, will the vicidial start to dial the leads? it's weird because at this moment "no answer" is an option.

Thanks again, I tried to look for an answer but couldn't find one anywhere
nitz2005

Postby williamconley » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:32 pm

In my last post I did mention the Vicidial Manager's Manual. That's where you should start. At page one. And don't skip anything even if you think you already covered it.

Dial statuses represent the leads you approve for dialing on the campaign. If all you want to dial is the "No Answers", you should have N and NA (no answer, and no answer autodial). You should also obviously have NEW since I'm sure you'll want to call new leads when you load them as well. But after they've been dialed once, they will no longer be "NEW", so you should have other statuses. That's what the Dial Status section is specifically for.

Read that Manual. Free version is on the Vicidial / EFLO.net store. But I recommend the paid version (300 pages of stuff to stop you from needing to ask people like me questions, lol). But you have to read the free version or you'll pull all your hair out. 8-)
williamconley

Postby nitz2005 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:53 pm

Thank you so much
nitz2005

Postby nitz2005 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:18 am

I did read the Manual, still couldn't find the answer I was looking for.
I finished my list - this is the status of the list at this moment https://ibb.co/ZH1r8Tc.

What are the actual actions I need to take to be able to dial for example the 72529 answering machine auto numbers?
I feel like doesn't matter what I do - the list wouldn't call itself without resetting it
nitz2005

Postby nitz2005 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:18 pm

https://ibb.co/hKjv0mB

I did add lead recycle as the manual say, but it doesn't seem to help
nitz2005

Postby williamconley » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:48 pm

nitz2005 wrote:I did read the Manual, still couldn't find the answer I was looking for.
I finished my list - this is the status of the list at this moment https://ibb.co/ZH1r8Tc.

What are the actual actions I need to take to be able to dial for example the 72529 answering machine auto numbers?
I feel like doesn't matter what I do - the list wouldn't call itself without resetting it

1) The list must be reset to call the leads again. That's the definition of resetting the list. To call any lead again, you must changed "called" to "no". That's why the field "called since last reset" exists.
2) To call leads that were answering machine auto numbers on any campaign, you modify the campaign, go to the "Dial Status" list (near the top) and add "answering machine auto numbers". Now that campaign has permission to dial "answering machine auto numbers". That's what THAT section is for "dial numbers with these statuses".

nitz2005 wrote:https://ibb.co/hKjv0mB

I did add lead recycle as the manual say, but it doesn't seem to help

3) Never use recycling. It's an old unused feature. It's ONLY designed to redial a number in 30-60 seconds if it was busy. If you try to use it for anything else, you'll regret it. Check all the previous posts for those who have had freaky problems accidentally dialing numbers.
4) I did not say "read" the manual. I said Start at page one. Don't skip anything. I meant you should perform all the tasks starting at page one on a fresh system without skipping anything. If you do that, one of the steps would be to configure the dial statuses in the modify campaign module. I didn't mean "quick skim read through it and glean what you can". It's meant as a beginners training system. Use it that way and you should have an operational system by the time you reach the end (or well before you reach the end, as you likely won't need most of the later features).
williamconley

Postby nitz2005 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:54 pm

williamconley wrote: 1) The list must be reset to call the leads again. That's the definition of resetting the list. To call any lead again, you must changed "called" to "no". That's why the field "called since last reset" exists.

I don't want to need to reset the list every 3 days- I want to reset it after I redialed all the numbers that never answered/were busy - that is my question

williamconley wrote: 2) To call leads that were answering machine auto numbers on any campaign, you modify the campaign, go to the "Dial Status" list (near the top) and add "answering machine auto numbers". Now that campaign has permission to dial "answering machine auto numbers". That's what THAT section is for "dial numbers with these statuses".

https://ibb.co/09LjvJQ those dial statuses are already added, that is why I'm so confused. from what you say it should keep dialing all those leads kind of forever / until all of them will be none of the dial statuses I selected, am I right?

williamconley wrote:
3) Never use recycling. It's an old unused feature. It's ONLY designed to redial a number in 30-60 seconds if it was busy. If you try to use it for anything else, you'll regret it. Check all the previous posts for those who have had freaky problems accidentally dialing numbers.

Thank you, I was sure there is something I did wrong, because of what you told me to try at 2 didn't work for me. Deleted it.

williamconley wrote:
4) I did not say "read" the manual. I said Start at page one. Don't skip anything. I meant you should perform all the tasks starting at page one on a fresh system without skipping anything. If you do that, one of the steps would be to configure the dial statuses in the modify campaign module. I didn't mean "quick skim read through it and glean what you can". It's meant as a beginners training system. Use it that way and you should have an operational system by the time you reach the end (or well before you reach the end, as you likely won't need most of the later features).

I know I have A LOT to learn, but at the same time my center works pretty well - I will take the time to learn it better with time. for now, this is my main concern, because everything else works pretty good at this moment (I know there are probably many other things I can do better)
nitz2005

Postby williamconley » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:22 pm

the lists each have a time of day reset option. there is no "when all called" option in Vicidial.

However: Vicidial List Reset When Campaign Empty we do have a module we can install that will accomplish your task. Otherwise, there's the daily time option on a per list basis.

Nothing gets dialed "forever". The "called since last reset" must be NO for a lead to be allowed to dial. You can't dial an already dialed lead.
williamconley

Postby nitz2005 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:29 pm

ok thanks.
One last (hopefully) question - when I do reset the list, does it reset DNC, Sales and any other disposition? or there are some that it doesn't bring back into the hopper
nitz2005

Postby williamconley » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:40 pm

nitz2005 wrote:ok thanks.
One last (hopefully) question - when I do reset the list, does it reset DNC, Sales and any other disposition? or there are some that it doesn't bring back into the hopper

You're still not getting it: Resetting the list brings NOTHING into the hopper. All it does is change "i've been called" to "i have NOT been called". Campaign settings handle everything else.
williamconley

Postby nitz2005 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:33 pm

williamconley wrote:You're still not getting it: Resetting the list brings NOTHING into the hopper. All it does is change "i've been called" to "i have NOT been called". Campaign settings handle everything else.

I'm getting it, the question is - if a lead that was marked as a sale, and while I reset the list was changed from "i've been called" to "i have NOT been called" would be dialed again?
from what you said it all depends on campaign setting
nitz2005

Postby williamconley » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:17 pm

You are putting two things together. They are separate.

Changing I have been called to I have not been called is all that happens. It happens on a Per List basis. For all statuses. That action happens without regard for "status". It's not related to "SALE" or "NA" or "B". All leads In That List are set to "Not Called". Period. This is not in any way related to a campaign. When you reset lists to "Not called", you do so in the List Modify screen. Not related to a campaign. Not related to statuses. Not related to who is going to be dialed.

Now: After that happens, the campaign decides what it dials just like it did before that happened. In fact, the campaign was likely running the entire time. Since the campaign is allowed to dial leads based on status. So ... you tell me, is that campaign set to dial "SALE" leads? Is SALE listed as a dial status on the campaign? If so, leads with the status of SALE can be dialed. If not, they can't. UNrelated to "dialed" or "not dialed".

Like I said, those two things are not related. One happens per list, the other happens per campaign.
williamconley

Postby nitz2005 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:15 am

OK! that made it clear now. Thank you so much for your patient! that would help me a lot
nitz2005

Return to Support