Inbound call distribution

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Inbound call distribution

Postby pargat » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:59 am

Hi,

Need a suggestion on inbound call distribution:

I have one inbound number which is configured to deliver calls to two different teams. Right now they are on the same ingroup though two different campaigns (for keeping agent data measures seprate). We also need to distribute the call load in a manner that team 1 gets 40% of total calls while team 2 gets 60% of the calls. I can configure more ingroups if required for the same.

The way I can think of is to get into extensions.conf and distribute the calls there into two different DIDs. Is there any other way to do it?

Vicibox installation from vicibox 9 ISO. No other software installed. VERSION: 2.14-730a BUILD: 191121-2256

thanks in advance
pargat

Re: Inbound call distribution

Postby mflorell » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:47 am

The extensions.conf idea you mentioned is one way to do it. We've also had a client that wrote their own PHP script to allow for more complex routing and then used the DID "Filter URL" features to distribute the calls however they wanted. You could write a fairly simple PHP script to send 4 out of every 10 calls to the Filter URL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support