Best way to test a bunch of TFN's

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Best way to test a bunch of TFN's

Postby rockgeneral » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:35 pm

My boss has a block of ~6000 TFN that he has routing to a call tracking platform. These TFN's are feeding a misdial marketing campaign that goes to an IVR with various offers. He has noticed a drop in traffic over the last 3 months and was trying to figure out what the reason is for the drop-off. One of the things he wanted to check was to make sure that all of the TFN's were routing properly to his call tracking platform. He asked me to assist in finding a way to do this systematically vs. having someone hand dial each TFN and recording any that didn't go through. My thought was to set up a broadcast campaign in Vicidial.

I did the following:
1) I created a campaign for the voice broadcast.
2) I created 4 users and setup Remote Agents to dial 4 lines.
3) I recorded a wav that says "This is a test call. Goodbye" The wav is about 2 seconds.
4) The remote agent External Extension is set to 778899 which is associated with a custom dialplan entry:

; play "This is a test call goodbye" and then hangup
exten => 778899,1,Answer()
exten => 778899,n,Playback(this_is_a_test_call)
exten => 778899,n,Hangup()

5) I loaded all the TFN's into an active list on the broadcast campaign.
6) The campaign is dialing now.

I am running the campaign now and the resulting dispositions are as follows:
DROP = 835
NA = 22
PDROP = 37
PU = 2
XFER = 197

Questions:
1) What dispositions should I expect to see for calls that do not connect vs ones that connect?

2) Should I make the wav file longer as to not create false PDROP's because the wav is done playing before the system can transfer the call to the remote agent?

3) Does anyone see any flaws with this approach? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

rockgeneral
System Info:
ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.2.iso | Version: 2.14b0.5 SVN: 3551 | DB Schema Version: 1650 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici | Single Server
rockgeneral

Re: Best way to test a bunch of TFN's

Postby mflorell » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Make sure your campaign is set to RATIO with a 1.0 dial ratio
Yes, you should use a much longer message before hangup in the survey settings.

We have several clients doing these kind of campaigns on a daily basis. It can take some fine tuning, but it can be a very valuable type of campaign to use. You also might consider enabling the survey recording, so you can hear what is going on when the numbers you are calling are answering the call.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rockgeneral » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:25 am

Thanks for the reply, Matt.

Yes, I have the dial method set to Ratio and the Ratio set to 1.

I've recorded a new message that is 15 seconds long which should give Vicidial enough time to transfer all connected calls to agents before it hangs up. I am going to re-run the test with the new longer message. I've also set the Campaign Recording setting to All Calls so all of the calls should be recorded. For my test yesterday I joined the vicidial_list table by lead_id with the vicidial_carrier_log so I could see the dialstatus, hangup_cause sip_hangup_cause etc... for each of the TFN's I was testing.

Is it safe to say that if a lead_id has the dialstatus = ANSWER and sip_hangup_cause = 200, that the TFN associated with that lead_id is live?

Thanks again for your wonderful product, and the support you all provide within these forums.

Rockgeneral
System Info:
ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.2.iso | Version: 2.14b0.5 SVN: 3551 | DB Schema Version: 1650 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici | Single Server
rockgeneral

Postby mflorell » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:44 pm

You might want to turn on the SURVEY section option "Survey Recording" as well. It is a different setting from the campaign recording setting. The "Survey Recording" option will record once the call Answers, the Campaign recording setting will not do this on survey calls since they have not yet been routed to an agent.

As for an Answer and 200OK SIP signal, in an ideal world, yes that would indicate the number is live, but keep in mind some carriers will send FAS(False Answer Supervision) on non-answered calls, so be on the lookout for that.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support