AMD calls sent to callmenu resulting in zombies in report

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

AMD calls sent to callmenu resulting in zombies in report

Postby dspaan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:28 am

We have a debt collection project where we use an outbound campaign with answering machine detection to call people who have an outstanding invoice. Because of the huge percentage of answering machines we decided to setup AMD for this campaign. We normally don't use it and are aware that the system is about 80% accurate and false positives can occur.

Since these are not sales calls we figured false positives and extra process time is acceptable but also thought of a way to deal with false positives. We are using these campaign settings:

Routing Extension = 8369
AMD send to Action = Y
CPD AMD Action = callmenu

When the call is sent to the callmenu we play the callmenu message about an open invoice (which is repeated twice) and give callers the option to press 1 if they want to talk to an agent. This way false positives (calls detected as answering machine but are actually humans) still have a way to get in touch with an agent. After the opening message in the callmenu plays once and no choice is made the menu times out and hangs up the call.

In extensions.conf we found:

Code: Select all
; VICIDIAL_auto_dialer transfer script AMD with Load Balanced:
exten => 8369,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => 8369,n,AMD(2000,2000,1000,5000,120,50,4,256)
exten => 8369,n,AGI(VD_amd.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8369,n,AGI(agi-VDAD_ALL_outbound.agi,NORMAL-----LB)
exten => 8369,n,Hangup()

But the vicidial manager manual states this:

Code: Select all
exten => 8369,1,Playback(sip-silence)
exten => 8369,2,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => 8369,3,AMD(2000|2000|1000|5000|120|50|4|256)
exten => 8369,4,AGI(VD_amd.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8369,5,AGI(agi-VDAD_ALL_outbound.agi,NORMAL-----LB)
exten => 8369,6,AGI(agi-VDAD_ALL_outbound.agi,NORMAL-----LB)
exten => 8369,7,Hangup

Questions:

1. What is the correct dialplan for AMD? The default one in vicibox or the one in the manager manual?

2. Calls that are detected as answering machine are sent to the callmenu and when they are actual voicemails they should get disconnected after the callmenu is done playing the message. I tested this myself by adding my own number to the hopper and when i didn't say anything is was directed to the callmenu and didn't input anything and the line was disconnected. But the problem is that even after the call is disconnected you keep seeing these calls in the realtime main report:

Looks like they are zombies, after about 10 mins they disappear. In the call menu i have set Track Calls in Real-Time Report to disabled. Any idea what is happening here?
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Return to Support