Strange Non-Agent API add_lead rejection

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Strange Non-Agent API add_lead rejection

Postby rockgeneral » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:03 am

Howdy gang!

We have a customer that uses Vicidial that we are selling warm transfers to. We qualify based on a script they provide and then through a piece of custom software, the customer information is first saved into our local MS SQL database and then is posted to the customer's Vicidial using the Non-Agent API add_lead function. If the add_lead call fails the agent is alerted and asked if they would like to Cancel or Retry.

Occasionally, the customer's Vicidial is rejecting the add_lead post with the following response:

ERROR: add_lead INVALID PHONE NUMBER LENGTH - |1011

It is peculiar because the CRM software will not let the agent attempt to save an intake which triggers the add_lead post unless the phone number is the proper length, amongst many other verification criteria. When I review the intake record in our database the phone number is properly a formatted, 10 digit US number. This is why the rejection above is confusing me. Is there any other reason why the customer's Vicidial server would reject the lead with this response other than the phone number being legitimately invalid?

The specs in my signature are from my Vicidial, not theirs. I believe they are running the latest SVN but I will have to confirm. Any guidance or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rockgeneral
System Info:
ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.2.iso | Version: 2.14b0.5 SVN: 3551 | DB Schema Version: 1650 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici | Single Server
rockgeneral

Re: Strange Non-Agent API add_lead rejection

Postby ambiorixg12 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:17 am

Would be good to examine the script non_agent_api.php, to explore under what other conditions this message could be returned beside the phone length
ambiorixg12

Postby rockgeneral » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:57 am

Thanks. That is not a bad idea. I will take a look.
System Info:
ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.2.iso | Version: 2.14b0.5 SVN: 3551 | DB Schema Version: 1650 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici | Single Server
rockgeneral

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:02 pm

Usually special characters in a field previous to the phone number, thus causing the phone_number field to be in the wrong slot. so it's saying whatever value it saw as phone number was incorrect. check the data field for the api log entry.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support