Waiting Call URL On or Off

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Waiting Call URL On or Off

Postby ghernandez » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Team,

Can someone explain to me how the trigger URL really works?

I created a web page with a warning indicating a call waiting but is not working. Do I really need to set up a remote trigger to light a light bulb for the notification to work?
ghernandez

Re: Waiting Call URL On or Off

Postby ambiorixg12 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 pm

On ingroup you have this option

Waiting Call URL On [X]
This feature allows you to trigger a URL when there are calls waiting in this In-Group. The -On- URL will be sent the first time a call is waiting, and no more will be sent as long as there are still calls from this In-Group waiting in the queue. The -Off- URL will be sent as soon as there are no calls waiting for this In-Group anymore. This feature was created to allow for a remote power switch to be triggered to light up a flashing light to notify agents in a call center room that there were calls waiting for them. For this feature to work, both the -On- and -Off- URLs must be filled in. Default is -empty- for disabled.

But there is a part you need to program on your remote url script, I made to turn on flashing lights using Raspberry PI and and Audio alert to an external speaker
ambiorixg12

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:12 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) You created a page. Did you configure anything in Vicidial to request this page? Did you test the page outside Vicidial to be sure it will do ... whatever you want it to do for notification? Did you verify the linux server in which Vicidial resides is able to request that page (wget or curl from the cli can do this)?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ghernandez » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:18 am

williamconley wrote:1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) You created a page. Did you configure anything in Vicidial to request this page? Did you test the page outside Vicidial to be sure it will do ... whatever you want it to do for notification? Did you verify the linux server in which Vicidial resides is able to request that page (wget or curl from the cli can do this)?

Vicibox v8.1.2 from .iso | Vicidial 2.1-714a Build 190628-1511 | Asterisk 13.21.1-Vici | 6 Cluster Servers | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | 2x E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz |

Morning Guys!!

I have everything set up and I can do wget xx.xx.xx.xx/start-alarm and it goes through in my CLI and it's working on the Raspberry pi, but when you send the command from the vicidial call waiting on or off is not working.
does anyone have any idea why?

i'm getting a response of 200 OK

CLI kernel:

dialer:~ # wget xx.xx.xxx.xx/start-alarm
--2019-08-23 08:32:55-- http://xx.xx.xxx.xx/alarm-alarm
Connecting to xx.xx.xxx.xx:80...Connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Lenght: 8 [text/html]
Saving to: start-alarm.2

100%[==========================================>] 8 .-K/s in 0s

This is what I'm getting from my URL log report.

--- URL LOG RECORDS FOR 2019-08-23, 00:00:00 TO 23:59:59 , RECORDS #1-2 [DOWNLOAD]

+----------------------+---------------------+--------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| UNIQUE ID | URL DATE | URL TYPE | RESP SEC | URL | URL RESPONSE |
+----------------------+---------------------+--------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 0 | 2019-08-23 08:08:46 | wcu_on | 0 | http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/start-alarm | |
| 0 | 2019-08-23 08:10:23 | wcu_off | 0 | http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/stop-alarm | |

Actually 40 minutes later I got an error. looks like it keeps trying until it gives up.

--- URL LOG RECORDS FOR 2019-08-23, 00:00:00 TO 23:59:59 , RECORDS #1-8 [DOWNLOAD]

| 0 | 2019-08-23 08:08:46 | wcu_on | 2690 | http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/start-alarm | <RESPONSE EMPTY>|--2019-08-23 08:08:46--http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/start-alarm!Connect |
| | | | | | ing to xx.xxx.xx.xxx:80... failed: Connection timed out.!Retrying.!!--2019-08-23 |
| | | | | | 08:10:55--(try: 2)http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/start-alarm!Connecting to xx.xxx.xx.xxx: |
| | | | |
| | | | | | failed: Connection timed out.!Giving up.!! |
ghernandez

Postby ghernandez » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:31 am

ghernandez wrote:
williamconley wrote:1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

Similar to This:

Vicibox v8.1.2 from .iso | Vicidial 2.1-714a Build 190628-1511 | Asterisk 13.21.1-Vici | 6 Cluster Servers | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | 2x E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz |

Morning Guys!!

I have everything set up and I can do wget xx.xx.xx.xx/start-alarm and it goes through in my CLI and it's working on the Raspberry pi, but when you send the command from the vicidial call waiting on or off is not working.
does anyone have any idea why?

i'm getting a response of 200 OK

CLI kernel:

dialer:~ # wget xx.xx.xxx.xx/start-alarm
--2019-08-23 08:32:55-- http://xx.xx.xxx.xx/alarm-alarm
Connecting to xx.xx.xxx.xx:80...Connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Lenght: 8 [text/html]
Saving to: start-alarm.2

100%[==========================================>] 8 .-K/s in 0s

This is what I'm getting from my URL log report.

--- URL LOG RECORDS FOR 2019-08-23, 00:00:00 TO 23:59:59 , RECORDS #1-2 [DOWNLOAD]

| 0 | 2019-08-23 08:08:46 | wcu_on | 0 | http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/start-alarm | |
| 0 | 2019-08-23 08:10:23 | wcu_off | 0 | http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/stop-alarm | |

Actually 40 minutes later I got an error. looks like it keeps trying until it gives up.

--- URL LOG RECORDS FOR 2019-08-23, 00:00:00 TO 23:59:59 , RECORDS #1-8 [DOWNLOAD]

| 0 | 2019-08-23 08:08:46 | wcu_on | 2690 | http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/start-alarm | <RESPONSE EMPTY>|--2019-08-23 08:08:46--http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/start-alarm!Connect |
| | | | | | ing to xx.xxx.xx.xxx:80... failed: Connection timed out.!Retrying.!!--2019-08-23 |
| | | | | | 08:10:55--(try: 2)http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/start-alarm!Connecting to xx.xxx.xx.xxx: |
| | | | |
| | | | | | failed: Connection timed out.!Giving up.!! |

All - I found the issue. since we are running a cluster of 6 servers, we needed to allow the firewall iptables access to the Raspberry pi IP and TCP. On all 6 servers just in case.

# iptables -I INPUT -s XX.XXX.XX.XXX -p tcp -j ACCEPT

Hope this helps anyone in the future. since I see a lot of people looking for help but in the end, they never post the solutions. :mrgreen:
ghernandez

Postby williamconley » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 pm

good postback. yes, it's a common problem that is often overlooked that any time a "dialer" has to execute a command, it must have access to do so. For instance, it's common to forget to allow the dialers access to the EXTERNAL IP of the audio store server since that's where they get their sounds (not the local IP, they get it from whatever the audio server is set to, which is usually the public IP or domain).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support