Audio Prompts not playing

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Audio Prompts not playing

Postby zenithbsolutions » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 am

Hi,

We had a vicibox fresh install with 8.1.2 ISO. Everything is working fine with Avatar setup intially.
Later after few calls there's a delay in audio prompts after pressing or some of the prompts are not playing at all.

I have checked all the CPU load it never crossed 50% from reports page.

I have done dadhi_test -v it is showing up 99.xx% to 100% accuracy.

The disk is just 8% full. We have AMD detection enabled.

What else could be the issue ?
zenithbsolutions

Re: Audio Prompts not playing

Postby williamconley » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:34 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby zenithbsolutions » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 6
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-5
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 6
Socket(s): 1
NUMA node(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 85
Model name: Virtual CPU 82d9ed4018dd
Stepping: 4
CPU MHz: 2593.904
BogoMIPS: 5187.80
Hypervisor vendor: KVM
Virtualization type: full
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 4096K
L3 cache: 16384K

This is a VPS Server

Data : 320GB SSD
Swap : 12 GB

Installation Medium : Vicibox 8.1.2 ISO (Express Install) - Standalone server

VERSION: 2.14-714a
BUILD: 190628-1511
© 2019 ViciDial Group

Dial level set to : 6
Number of Agents : 20
Answering Machine Detection AMD : Enabled
Soundboard : Enabled
zenithbsolutions

Postby williamconley » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:04 pm

I have checked all the CPU load it never crossed 50% from reports page

This value has no meaning unless you have calibrated it. Only use the 1/5/10 minute average server load as compared to the number of cores in the system.

For convenience, the average server load 1/5/10 minute values are shown on each web server (for that server only) in the real time screen at the bottom of the agent list. But to be clear: Those values also have no meaning without the core count. If the server has 8 cores, 8.0 is overload. 4.0 is "Fully loaded" (not overloaded, but if you cruise at 4.0 regularly you are at capacity, especially if you spike above it from time to time).
williamconley

Postby zenithbsolutions » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks william

I'm getting

12 agents logged in on all servers
System Load Average: 1.40 1.41 1.44 M

With dial level as 3.25

Can you suggest me good H/W specs that could support upto 20 agents with Avatar & AMD ?
zenithbsolutions

Postby williamconley » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:29 pm

williamconley wrote:But to be clear: Those values also have no meaning without the core count.
williamconley

Postby zenithbsolutions » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:58 pm

Do you mean the CPU Cores William ?

These are my server specs

CPU(s): 6
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-5
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 6
Socket(s): 1
NUMA node(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
CPU MHz: 2593.904

So its a 6 Core CPU William

Can I get a 16 core or 24 core cpu so that it can support upto 20 agents ?
zenithbsolutions

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:44 am

zenithbsolutions wrote:12 agents logged in on all servers
System Load Average: 1.40 1.41 1.44 M

With dial level as 3.25

Can you suggest me good H/W specs that could support upto 20 agents with Avatar & AMD ?

System capacity is based on ALL usage of the system, including Live Calls in each of several categories. How many agents logged in? How many calls ringing? How many agents In Call with Lead? How many calls in Queue for an ingroup?

But also: Managers running reports. Real time is merely one of many reports, each of which has a different load. Recording all calls or not also makes a difference, as does the codec in use.

Nobody can say what YOUR system capacity will be except YOU.

As for why your audio "prompts" don't play, we have a challenge: Since (AFAIK) the only sales of Avatar Dialing were from PoundTeam (where I work) while the "Built In to Vicidial" soundboard was similar, it wasn't actually called avatar. So ... what exactly are you using? Have you investigated the asterisk CLI (most importantly the one running in the asterisk SCREEN which is the only one that will contain any perl errors that may occur from agi scripting requests)? This could be a memory glitch, a coding error, or even an installation problem ... in addition to the possibility that the server is overloading.

Which brings me back to the original topic here, server load: Is the server load reading you provided from a moment when the problem was occurring? During the problem?

One of the advantages of larger systems is redundancy which can allow for comparison checking. Multiple carriers allows for checking call quality with a different carrier. Multiple Dialers (in a clustered Vicidial system) allows testing to see if the dialer is the issue or the code (since both would have the same code, if one of the dialers has the problem and the other does not ... it could be a load issue or related to the agents on that server if they are grouped in some fashion).
williamconley

Postby zenithbsolutions » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:29 am

Hi William

When I set the dial level to 3.25 with 12 agents logged in server the System Load Average was 1.40 1.41 1.44 M
there was no issue at all.

But when I increase the agents to 20 and set the minimum dial level to 6 then I'm getting this issue. Unfortunately I couldn't get the server load stats with 20 agents logged in as there was an issue so I decreased the agents.

I can get all the calls connected + call quality was good and there was no carrier issue but the only issue was with the script it was not playing or loading when we hit a prompt to play. Some times there's a delay in the prompt and in some cases the prompt doesn't play at all even after hitting 4 to 5 times.

I will try to get back 20 agents and share you the server load stats.

Thank you.
zenithbsolutions

Postby zenithbsolutions » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi William,

Right now I have 13 agents logged in one standalone server with dial level 8, AMD, recordings, soundboard on.
The System Load Average is 2.79 4.19 4.10 M

We get the delay issue back. I'm decreasing the dial level to check the stats again. Will post you once its back to normal.
zenithbsolutions

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Are the agents at the same location as the Vicidial server? Is your bandwidth adequate? Is the path between the agents and the web server 100% not dropping an packets? It *sounds* like you may be experiencing dropped packets between the agents and the web server.

Also, you never answered whether this is Avatar from PoundTeam or somewhere else or if this is the Sound Board built in to Vicidial itself.

You may need to start checking logs to see if there are reasons for the failures. apache, mysql, agent web javascript consoles ...
williamconley

Return to Support