Ring Tim vs Talk Time in Manual or Preview Calling

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Ring Tim vs Talk Time in Manual or Preview Calling

Postby omid.mohajerani » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi,

Does VICIDIAL capture Ring Time for Outgoing calls? As I checked Ringing is calculating as Talk Time. For example, I'm calling my mobile number and I'm not answering the phone. When Im checking the reports I can see it adds to Talk Time and Customer Time. ( In Asterisk "core show channels " shows Ringing.) Is there any setting to enable to capture ring time or is it saving in any log file or table?

I'm using
VICIBOX 8.1.2.1
Asterisk version: 13.21.1
My System is a trunk to a VoIP provider via SIP trunk. SIP trunk responses are correct because I can see the Channel is Ringing when my mobile phone is ringing and the channel is up when I'm answering my mobile. But VICIDIAL captures both as connected channel and adds to the Talk Time.
omid.mohajerani

Re: Ring Tim vs Talk Time in Manual or Preview Calling

Postby omid.mohajerani » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 am

I find this info in the older posts here (2012 ). Is this feature still not available in the new version of VICIDIAL?

In a manual call, the "live call" is generated by the fact that the channel has already been attached to the agent's meetme room. This has nothing to do with "Answer" and merely indicates that there is a channel other than the Agent attached to the agent's meetme conference.

This is by design as Vicidial is not tracking the progress of this manual dial call, it is not under control of a perl script. It is under control of the agent (for instance, the agent CAN terminate the call before it is answered ...).

IF you want to modify the system to detect "call command issued" and wait for "answered" and instead of "Live" immediately have the system show "ringing" or "waiting" or some such until "answer" is officially received, that would certainly be a valid feature request. The Vicidial Group may be interested in this project if you are prepared to pay the fee ... if you want to tackle it yourself it will be a bit of a challenge.

source : http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... hp?t=23962
omid.mohajerani

Re: Ring Tim vs Talk Time in Manual or Preview Calling

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:17 am

If nobody paid for it, either through The Vicidial Group or another developer, it's not in the core. Not a highly-requested feature.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support