Vicibox Repository Error While Installation

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicibox Repository Error While Installation

Postby streetboy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:38 am

Hi,

I have downloaded Vicibox ISO. And while installation when I reach to step zypper ref and zypper dup -y it gives error

Code: Select all
Retrieving repository 'openSUSE-Leap-42.3-Server-Database' metadata .........................................................................................................[error]
Repository 'openSUSE-Leap-42.3-Server-Database' is invalid.
[openSUSE-Leap-42.3-Server-Database|http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:database/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/] Valid metadata not found at specified URL

When I check that base link on Suse Repo Store which is in repo.d, it doesn't point to anywhere on Suse Repositories...and the last update is on 11th of July 2019. and there is no repo name openSUSE_Leap_42.3.
http://prntscr.com/odkx47

I can not go ahead with the installation... Can you please advise how to fix this...

Thanks.
streetboy

Re: Vicibox Repository Error While Installation

Postby bmorrison » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:33 am

Yup I'm getting that too.

What I do is not zypper up/dup at all and use the ISO as-is.

Make sure to utilize the Vicidial integrated firewall and whitelist though to keep your system as safe as possible (so be doing that regardless)…
bmorrison

Re: Vicibox Repository Error While Installation

Postby timesharesoftware » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:49 am

I just had this problem. I forgot to setup in the networking section, host resolution. You can see if you have a name server setup by typing 'cat /etc/resolve.conf' and you should see at least 1 name server listed.

If not type 'yast' at the command line; Yast->System->Networking Settings->Hostname/DNS->Name Server 1
I use the cached DNS server at the router in Name Server 1 OR you can use the default cloud flare DNS 1.1.1.1 Name Server 2 use 8.8.8.8

Of course you should be able to ping 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 as well. If you cannot then there are bigger internet connectivity issues.
timesharesoftware

Return to Support