Carrier Status

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Carrier Status

Postby alfie013 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:01 am

Hi,

How can I check if my carrier is registered/active in vicidial? Is there a way to check its status?

Regards,
alfie013

Re: Carrier Status

Postby ed123 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:25 am

in carrier settings set the active to Y and in cli typ asterisk -rx 'sip show peers'.. you will see it there
ed123

Postby alfie013 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:31 am

After I ran the command, the status of my carrier shows OK. Does this means it is working?
alfie013

Postby alfie013 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:34 am

Also, can you please let me know what are the settings that I need to configure so I can make an inbound and outbound call? Atm, what I configured so far is Campaign for Inbound and Outbound, DIDs, and In-Group but I can't make an inbound and outbound call using my Carrier's number.
alfie013

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:04 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Start at page one of the Vicidial Manager's Manual. Stop when everything you need works ... Do NOT skip any pages, jumping around results in "do it all over to see what tiny thing you missed".

the status of my carrier shows OK. Does this means it is working

4) OK merely means that you are sending them a packet and they are sending you back a packet, demonstrating your ability to attempt to make calls. Firewall access on port 5060 is all that has been confirmed. Not 'working'. Roughly the same thing as "yep, my car is still in the driveway" which does not mean it will get you to the airport. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby alfie013 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:52 pm

Thanks William. Below is the information of my ViciDial Server etc.

ViciBox v.8.1.2 181002
ViciBox:2.14-711a
Build:190607-1525
Asterisk 13.24.1-vici
Single Server
No Digium/Sangoma Hardware
No Extra Software After Installation
Hyper-V VM Specs: 4 GB vRAM
4 vCPU
200 GB vHDD

Can you please let me know what are configuration that I need to setup so I can do an inbound and outbound call? Also, how can I create a prefix when dialing?

Regards,
alfie013

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Alfie: Start at page one of the Vicidial Manager's Manual. It's available (Free and paid versions!) on EFLO.net. Do not skip any pages. Do not "just get the stuff you need". Start at page one and do not stop or skip any pages or exercises until your system is fully functional OR you have a problem. When you have the problem, post the Manual Version, Page and Line and "The problem" (ie: What you expected to happen and what really happened, technically).

Include any configuration settings relevant to the problem. Also include asterisk CLI from a single test call if appropriate (not 3000 lines of unrelated code, just one call/attempt from beginning to end with no other traffic on the system).

Believe it or not, that manual has walked thousands of new users through starting at the moment after the PDF from the installer takes over and ending with "calls work!"

Otherwise, my only alternative would be to post each exercise here in this thread to walk you through the entire process. I gotta be honest, I'm not gonna do that. 8-)
williamconley

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Alfie your carrier should have asterisk config files for you.
Or look at Admin/Carriers/SIPEXAMPLE and modify as needed for your carrier.
And as WC said read the manual. Sooner or later you have to RTFM ))))))
thephaseusa

Postby alfie013 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:32 am

Thanks for the help. I'm currently checking the Manual as well. Is there any other documents that I can read besides this Manager Manual?
alfie013

Postby alfie013 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:35 am

Here's my carrier settings btw:

register => XXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXX@139.196.18.218:6789

[CTS]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
type=friend
username=XXXXXXXXXX
secret=XXXXXXXXXXX
host=sip2.siptrunk.cn
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound

Global String = Blank

exten => _71NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _71NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(XXXXXXX:XXXXXXXX@139.196.18.218:6789/${EXTEN:2}@CTS,,To)
exten => _71X.,3,Hangup

It can't register to the ViciDial server.
alfie013

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:02 pm

alfie013 wrote:Here's my carrier settings btw:

register => XXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXX@139.196.18.218:6789

[CTS]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
type=friend
username=XXXXXXXXXX
secret=XXXXXXXXXXX
host=sip2.siptrunk.cn
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound

Global String = Blank

exten => _71NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _71NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(XXXXXXX:XXXXXXXX@139.196.18.218:6789/${EXTEN:2}@CTS,,To)
exten => _71X.,3,Hangup

It can't register to the ViciDial server.

This information goes into Vicidial. But this isn't for something to register TO vicidial, it's for Vicidial to register to the carrier. Are you saying Vicidial does not register to the carrier? If so, there should be an attempt and reject visible in the Asterisk CLI ...

alfie013 wrote:Thanks for the help. I'm currently checking the Manual as well. Is there any other documents that I can read besides this Manager Manual?

/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/docs - Read 'em!
/usr/share/astguiclient/ - Lots of Perl files in here. Many have documentation, some just have notes at the top. All (AFAIK) can be executed with perl {filename} --help to get basic options.
/srv/www/htdocs/vicidial/ - Lots of PHP files in here. Many have documentation, some just have notes at the top.
/srv/www/htdocs/agc/ - Lots of PHP files in here. Many have documentation, some just have notes at the top.
/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/ - Lots of Perl files in here. Many have documentation, some just have notes at the top.
williamconley

Postby alfie013 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Thanks William. Will read those documentations.

For the carrier, when i tried to run the 'asterisk -r' it always shows chan_sip.c:4128 non critical invite and the wrong password issue like <sip:xxxx@serverip>. I don't know where is this came from. Can you please help me understand this? Anyways, we have opened the port 5060, 8089 for TCP and 5060, 4569, 10000:20000 for UDP in our Firewall and put the assigned the External Zone in ViciDial firewall but it didn't help. SIP ALG settings in our Fortigate Firewall has been disabled as well.
alfie013

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:29 am

williamconley wrote:
alfie013 wrote:It can't register to the ViciDial server.

This information goes into Vicidial. But this isn't for something to register TO vicidial, it's for Vicidial to register to the carrier. Are you saying Vicidial does not register to the carrier? If so, there should be an attempt and reject visible in the Asterisk CLI ...

I do not see an answer to the question. Before "moving on to the answer", I like to know the question. Otherwise, we chase our tails quite a bit.
williamconley

Postby alfie013 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:31 pm

Thanks for response William. I understand now from your explanation that the ViciDial needs to register from the Carrier and not the carrier needs to register from the ViciDial server. No question for this as you were able to address it on your previous update.

With regards to my previous notes, can you please help me with my other inquiry?
alfie013

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:23 am

i tried to run the 'asterisk -r' it always shows chan_sip.c:4128 non critical invite and the wrong password issue like <sip:xxxx@serverip>.

Please post the entire error line (x's are fine for sensitive data).

This line means someone attempted to access your server and their access was rejected due to either the password or user being incorrect.

If the IP is a local IP (on your local network) one of your agent phones does not have the password required according to the asterisk settings.

If the IP is a public IP, then someone is likely trying to gain access to your server and you should immediately whitelist lockdown your server before something bad happens. Vicidial servers should never be publicly accessible. Only those you specifically authorized to access Vicidial (by IP address) should have any access at all. Unauthorized network packets should be rejected without any ability to Guess at passwords.
williamconley

Return to Support