SVN Version changed after databse resore.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

SVN Version changed after databse resore.

Postby marcin » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:32 am

I have moved database only from
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3061
DB Schema Version: 1562
to
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3112
DB Schema Version: 1571
after restoring database and running -f upgrade_2.14.sql and new_server_ip the SVN version in the new system matches the old server not the new installation.

Any advise
marcin

Re: SVN Version changed after databse resore.

Postby williamconley » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:02 pm

1) Always post your full Vicidial Version with Build. Required to use this board. (Also nice if you post your installer with version, it often helps.)

2) Post the exact command you used to perform said upgrade AND the response from the command. I strongly suspect your command failed.

3) Edit the file! Look for 1562. Delete everything before 1562. Then run only the commands which are still there.

4) OR just run the nine upgrade entries between 1562 and 1571 manually one at a time and check for errors. I guarantee it'll be 1571 when you are done, since one of the commands will specifically change the DB Schema after each entry and the last one will be 1571

5) Unless, of course, part of your "restore" process copied the trunk folder and your trunk folder now has 1562 in it. That would be a bit funny, actually.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby marcin » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Thank you for prompt respond.
That did not worked. The upgrade sql script did not produced any errors once I run only lines from:
UPDATE system_settings SET db_schema_version='1562',db_schema_update_date=NOW() where db_schema_version < 1562;
I have only backup and restore database only using ADMIN_backup.pl
but the System Settings still shows SVN Version: 3061
I should mention that the upgrade is made from multi server system to a standalone(one) and the installation on both was done with vicibox iso. new server was downloaded only a week ago and it is vicibox 8.1
It appears that there is a residual data from old system in data base in system_settings and servers tables.
marcin

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:05 pm

marcin wrote:but the System Settings still shows SVN Version: 3061
that's not going to change.

marcin wrote:I have only backup and restore database only using ADMIN_backup.pl
that's only the first step. next you have to upgrade the DB. you didn't mention your commands OR the results of those commands (specifically any errors)

specifically: did you follow the instructions in the "UPGRADE" document in /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk?

marcin wrote:residual data from old system in data base in system_settings and servers tables.
those values are not changed by the upgrade. both admin->system_settings and admin->servers must be modified by you manually. the only exception to that rule is the IP of the server(s) which will need to be changed by running the ip update script (which is shown during every ssh/console login).

Vicidial has no idea that you may or may not have changed its environment. YOU have to inform it of this. If the IP of a server changes, run the ip update script which will ask the old/new IPs involved in the change. if a server has a different version of asterisk, the server entry must be updated. the sounds server and voicemail server in the system settings must be set to actual servers on the new system. it's best to verify all the settings in both those locations. a reboot may be necessary if any of those values are changes.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support