Inbound extension recording

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Inbound extension recording

Postby hansg » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:07 am

HI,

I am currently transferring calls from agents to a phone extension on the same server but not logged in as an agent by method of blind transfer. I am trying to record the second part of the call after the agent has hungup.

I have added defaultlog to my Phone Context but it is only logging and recording outbound calls made from this extension. Is there a way to record calls received on that extension aswell?

If not, what is the best way for me to record the second part of the call once it has left the agent?

Thanks.
Dual Core - 4GB DDR3 - 80GB SSD
Vicibox 9
VERSION: 2.14-751a
BUILD: 200425-0949
SSL Installed
hansg

Re: Inbound extension recording

Postby williamconley » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:29 pm

transfer the call to a remote agent instead of just an extension. remote agents do not have computers (don't let the name fool you, remote agents in vicidial have nothing to do with location, it's just "no computer").

Advantages:
The user assigned to the remote agent will then be visible in real time on that call until the call completes.
You'll get reporting and recording.
Transfer can be done with Ingroup and not extensions. Each ingroup has a name instead of a 10 digit number. You CAN create an ingroup per Remote Agent if you require precise choice during transfer.
If a number for one of the remote agents changes, the live agents never need to know or care. Just change it in the Remote Agent interface and you're done.
Remote agents have an interface. If you require the ability for them to turn themselves on/off, that can be done.
If you have multiple users at one extension, you can have multiple lines for the remote agent. (You lose "individuality" that way, but if you create enough sequential users at least you'll see that the calls are in progress and your reporting will be valid in the aggregate, just individual user reports will be meaningless without a method to identify each agent by extension.)

alternately

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29203
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Inbound extension recording

Postby hansg » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:18 am

That works great, thanks William.

1. Setup a Remote Agent in a separate campaign.
2. Setup new InGroup for the Remote Agent.
3. Enable Transfer Group in the Main Campaign.
4. Use local closer button to transfer the call to the remote agent that is setup as OnHook Agent.
5. Works perfect!
Dual Core - 4GB DDR3 - 80GB SSD
Vicibox 9
VERSION: 2.14-751a
BUILD: 200425-0949
SSL Installed
hansg

Return to Support