Credit Cards

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Credit Cards

Postby kennow » Fri May 03, 2019 11:19 am

Hi
Anyone know of software I can integrate with the Vicidial so agent can except credit cards while talking to a customer on the phone?
Thnaks Ken
kennow

Re: Credit Cards

Postby williamconley » Fri May 03, 2019 12:19 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Integrate WHAT with Vicidial? A CRM? A web page that takes the CC information? Or an online audio CC acceptance system? Maybe even a manual key-entry terminal to accept CCs? There are so many ways to interpret your question that those of us not in the room when you wrote that question are kind of in the dark.

4) This is not a "General Discussion" question. It's a support question. Moving to the Support Board.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby kennow » Fri May 03, 2019 12:50 pm

With all the info you gave me, to bad you did not have a solution to my credit card issue.
Thanks
kennow

Postby williamconley » Fri May 03, 2019 1:04 pm

kennow wrote:With all the info you gave me, to bad you did not have a solution to my credit card issue.
Thanks

Too bad while being a smartass you never bothered to give enough information that I could.

If your goal is to get FREE help, provide information. If your goal is to engage in online banter, may I suggest Reddit.com? LOL 8-)
williamconley

Postby thephaseusa » Wed May 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Ken most credit card processing companies will offer you a browser based entry program. If you want your agents to have access they could just click to the browser tab of the processor during the phone call and charge the card. If you don’t want to give agents access to your processor you can use a custom FORM tab in vicidial to enter cc info and after sales are entered you or the data entry person can take that info from vicidial asterisk db and process the cc charge.

I don’t think what you are asking for is available yet. You could request it in the Projects section.

Good topic. That’s where the money comes from now, cc payments.

JM
thephaseusa

Postby mflorell » Thu May 09, 2019 5:07 am

These are usually custom solutions depending on the client, we have written several of these over the years and they are always different depending on what the client needs and how their CC transactions have to be processed.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby irvpost » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:01 pm

I have a question about credit cards as well.
We are about 3 months out and looking to go with the latest ViciBox server which I think is version 9. We are planning to use the ViciDial services to install and configure on our hardware.

The question is... Is something like the following exist in the Vici Sphere or would it be able to be done on a brand new clean basic install? Who could do it?
We use a billing program, Great Lakes Data System's Broadhub client. They have an API already developed that uses SOAP based web services over HTTPS. basically we need to be able to use a custom SOAP header for all communications to the billing system. It would capture an account number then poll the billing system to reference the account and when it is authenticated it will capture the credit card info and pass that to the billing system.
I can provide the specification documents.
Thanks for looking at this and any help would be appreciated.
irvpost

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Vicidial has a method already for parking the call to an agi script that simultaneously turns off recording (to avoid recording the CC information). Your solution would be a minor adjustment that would transfer the call to the 3rd party system and use a Carrier Dialplan Entry to introduce the required headers. All of which is possible in Vicidial with minor adjustments. If you already intend to use The Vicidial Group for your buildout, they can offer a tightly integrated solution (best in class, without question). Of course the company I work at (ahem) can also provide this service, as can any one of many other Vicidial Professional providers.

Also worthy of note: ViciBOX is the installation .iso. The installer version is Not technically related to the version of Vicidial. Any of the previous installers will still install the Latest Version of Vicidial. The installer, however, determines the Operating system and environment and packages (such as the versions of Asterisk and MySQL). So ... latest is a good thing, but if you have problems with Vicibox 9.0.1, consider 8.1.2 as an option. Or if you have previous experience with 8.1.2 and don't want to take the time to re-learn for 9.0.1, you don't really need to. Older versions like 7.0.4 and 6.0.3, however, are a bit outdated and the OSs are no longer providing repositories which can be problematic in some situations.
williamconley

Return to Support