cant alter or edit dial code in agents screen

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

cant alter or edit dial code in agents screen

Postby richmac2018 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:17 am

Hi,

Can you help me on how to edit or alter dial code in agent screen view?

I already change the campaign settings below. I can change all the fields except the dial code.

This is from vicibox 8 iso installer.

Im using:
VERSION: 2.14-683a
BUILD: 180809-1547
© 2018 ViciDial Group

Agent:
VERSION: 2.14-570c BUILD: 180809-1649
richmac2018

Re: cant alter or edit dial code in agents screen

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:02 am

1) Well done posting your Vicidial Version with Build and even including your Agent Version.

2) Please include the full Installer version (8 is just the major), it should be 8.X.X with two more significant numbers there. It helps. Usually available in your splash/welcome screen when you log in to the Linux CLI. Also, of course, in the name of the disk .iso itself if you still have it.

3) Try creating a new user and a new campaign to see if you may have just overlooked something. Also be sure your Admin user is level 9, in the user group "ADMIN", and you've NOT modified any settings in the user group ADMIN. Anyone whose user group you want to edit should be in another user group, NOT admin. Reverting to the original admin and 6666 entries is often required for newbies. ;)

4) When setting permissions for a user, remember that most BUT NOT ALL should be set to "1" to GET permission. Sometimes setting to "1" REMOVES a permission instead.

5) Ordinarily, an agent should never be altering the dial code anyway unless they are adding a new "manual dial" lead, and when they do this they will be adding the lead in the Manual Dial pane which has a completely different dial code field. I am now forced to ask WHY your agents need to edit this field? The only scenario where Dial Code would need to be modified would be when a client give an agent an entirely new phone number in a different country to call instead of the one at which you called them (a different country than where you called them is ... unusual).

6) This is not a general discussion. It's a support request. Moving to the Support board. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby richmac2018 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:01 am

Hi Sir Williamconley,

This is ViciBox_v8_1.x86_64-8.1.2.iso. They need to edit the dial code since some of the calls are from Australia calls and the inbound DID is New zealand so in order for us to correct the dial code we need to edit with Australia dial code.

Is their any way to update the dial code during inbound call?

Thanks,
richmac2018

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:57 pm

have you tried this with an unaltered system? as 6666 user with all permissions set to "yes" (which may be 1 or zero depending on the field)?

are your outbound dial codes editable? i haven't tested an inbound, just outbound. don't think anyone ever asked before.

i'm still a little unsure how an inbound call would have the wrong country code on it. or are you saying the inbound call's CID is going to be changed to a completely different number since these people are from NZ and will be giving an AU number to call them back?
williamconley

Postby richmac2018 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi William,

Yes we have clients from AU that are dialing NZ DID and we need to callback those numbers thats why we need to edit the dial code on agents screen.

I tried outbound its still they same with inbound we can update all other fields except dial code.
richmac2018

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:06 pm

I don't remember if I've ever seen a setting for dial code. But I recently checked an outbound campaign on a stock-built system and the dial code field can be edited by the agent on a live outbound call.

Which leads me back to:
WilliamConley wrote:3) Try creating a new user and a new campaign to see if you may have just overlooked something. Also be sure your Admin user is level 9, in the user group "ADMIN", and you've NOT modified any settings in the user group ADMIN. Anyone whose user group you want to edit should be in another user group, NOT admin. Reverting to the original admin and 6666 entries is often required for newbies. ;)

And:
williamconley wrote:have you tried this with an unaltered system? as 6666 user with all permissions set to "yes" (which may be 1 or zero depending on the field)?
williamconley

Return to Support