Vicidial Inbound Calls Config

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial Inbound Calls Config

Postby wishmi » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:02 am

Hello Guys,

I'm new to vicidial and just recently I installed vicidial server using the vicibox-express. VERSION: 2.14-679a
BUILD: 180618-2300.

Now, I'm stuck on how should I configure the SIP Trunk number into vicidial, how would I connect it so I could be able to receive calls. My service provider is mvoice for the SIP trunk number.

I want to have an inbound and outbound call center setup.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you so much.
wishmi

Re: Vicidial Inbound Calls Config

Postby MJCoate » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:06 pm

You'll need to build a carrier for mvoice and also build/route your DIDs through them:

1) Go into Admin -> Carriers -> Add New Carrier and fill out the form with:

Carrier ID:
MVoice

Carrier Name:
Prefix 9

Account Entry:
[MVOICE]
type=peer
host=[IPADDRESSforCARRIER]
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound
insecure=port,invite
usecallerid=yes
trustrpid=no
sendrpid=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Dial Plan:
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(SIP/MVOICE/${EXTEN:1},,To)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

Server IP:
0.0.0.0 ALL SERVERS

Hit submit and wait a minute. Then check in Asterisk to make sure it's peered and then place a test call out it. (I'm also assuming your carrier authenticates by IP. If they do it differently, some details of how this is setup will need to be changed).

2) Once that is up and working you'll go to Inbound -> Add A New Ingroup and make one to queue your calls. Then go to Inbound -> Add A New DID and build your numbers using these settings:

DID Extension = the DID you have through your carrier
DID Description = just that
[ hit submit ]
DID Route = IN_GROUP
In-Group ID = group you made earlier
In-Group Call Handle Method = CID

3) Attach your in-group to your campaigns and have you agents select the group when logging in.

I've assumed you know some other things about configuring VICIdial but this is generally what you'll need to do to get calls flowing.
Mike Coate | VICIdial Technical Support Staff
MJCoate

Postby wishmi » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:43 am

Thanks mike for that wonderful explanation.
I'll try now to execute the steps you've provided and shall keep you posted should there'll be any problem.
wishmi

Postby wishmi » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:10 am

Hello again,

I was able to connect the phone to vicidial thanks to you Mike. However, the problem now is the call is getting through but I can't hear any sound. From the outside, when I dial the phone number registered in vicidial it will only ring once then an IVR saying you're the only one connected in the conference.

Can you please advise what should I need to do?

Thank you for the help.
wishmi

Postby uncapped_shady » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi there

Make sure that in your carrier setup you have set the context=trunkinbound.

Make sure that when you created your inbound route, that you pointed the "DID Route" to "INGROUP".
Then look for the option "In-Group ID" and choose your ingroup that you created earlier.
Make sure that you select your Server IP from the dropdown under the "Server IP" option.

Did you configure the ingroup in your campaign settings?

You would need to enable "Allow Inbound and Blended" by choosing the Y option.
Once enabled go the bottom of the page and Submit. Scroll down again and look for the "Allowed Inbound Groups" section, and tick your ingroup that you created and click Submit again.

Once you have done the above, log into the campaign as a test agent and dial in again. The call should now come through as per normal.

Please let me know if you came right :D
uncapped_shady

Postby wishmi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:35 am

Hello uncapped_shady,

Thank you for the explanation.
Yes it's working now and I'm getting inbound calls already.
Thank you so much.

But may I know how will I route this to many agent's extension. I only have one phone extension created and my dialplan is like this
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(SIP/MVOICE/${EXTEN:1},,To)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

Is there anything that I need to add up. What I want is to have a sequential ring from 1st up to 3rd agent.
Thank you.
wishmi

Postby uncapped_shady » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:36 am

If you mean that you would like to route inbound calls to numerous agents in the same campaign then the setup I posted above should already work.
Have a look in your Ingroup settings for the option called "Next Agent Call". This determines how the calls are routed to the next available agent. You could technically set this up to "ringall" wich will ring to all your agents at once.

So as you mentioned you only have one extension created thus far, so you will need to create more extensions obviously and have all your agents log into the same campaign to be able to take inbound calls. Just make sure that your agents select the blended option when they log into their campaign and all should go well.

Let me know if you need any further assistance :wink:
uncapped_shady

Postby wishmi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:16 am

@uncapped_shady,

Yes the Next Agent call is set to oldest_call_finish. I thought I still need to update the dialplan mentioned above aside from adding other agents.
Thanks.
wishmi

Postby wishmi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:18 am

By the way, in every agent/user created, I have to create also another phone extension right? And does it mean same with DID to create a new one?
wishmi

Postby wishmi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:44 am

And I installed vicidial using the vicibox express installation. My question now is how can I access the Database and the CLI Asterisk. I didn't install vicidial from scratch I just used the downloadble vicibox=8 server in order to install all components at once. How can I access it?

My vicidial is now running and I want to check the database and the asterisk server. Thanks.
wishmi

Postby uncapped_shady » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:38 pm

With regards to your first question regarding the creation of phone extensions, yes that is correct. Each agent login will require a phone extension to make and receive phone calls.
For your second question on how to check the Asterisk CLI you will need to SSH into your Vicidial server something similar to "ssh root@IPADRESS" You will then run asterisk -r to enter into the Asterisk CLI

I would recommend that if you do not really know asterisk or Mariadb that you first upskill yourself on how to use it etc.

As for the inbound DID's, you would not need to set up a DID per agent no as you are pointing it to an Ingroup. Think of the ingroup as a queue where you have agents handling calls.

You could get more info on Asterisk here - https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Home
uncapped_shady

Postby wishmi » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:30 am

Thank you so much all for your help and assistance.
wishmi

Postby uncapped_shady » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Only my pleasure.
uncapped_shady

Return to Support