ViciDial Configuration

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciDial Configuration

Postby rogerfinch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi,

I have installed vicidial in Oracle VirtualBox using ViciBox 7 iso, replicating the installation steps given on vicibox's website. Now i know vicidial does not recommend virtualization, however my purpose here is to just learn configuring vicidial and making the autodialer dial through the auto broadcast campaign. I have outbound voip minutes to test this scenario, which works well through eyebeam.

I have studied the installation guide and seen youtube videos. Now i am presented with couple of questions.

1) Should i use graphical mode to install the carrier or should i direct edit sip.conf from root and put the carrier there?

If i install carrier via graphical UI, will the command "sip show registry" will show registered trunk if the provided details are correct ? I am aware that it will be stored in sip-vicidial.conf instead of sip.conf.

2) Suppose, if i have completed the installation using express-install command. Now in the fresh installation, what configuration changes do i need to make first? First thing to do is create new admin user and modify user settings. Now if i want to start dialing after this step, will i just need to configure campaigns, remote agent and add lead list to just dial away ? or are there any other steps to ready freshly installed server for dialing ?
rogerfinch

Re: ViciDial Configuration

Postby thephaseusa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Yes add a carrier with GUI is fine. Restart asterisk (systemctl restart asterisk) and sip show peers will show your phones connected and carriers.

Once the carrier is working, and a soft phone, create a campaign, load a list for it and start dialing.
thephaseusa

Postby ThirdRockTelecom » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:05 pm

rogerfinch wrote:Hi,

I have installed vicidial in Oracle VirtualBox using ViciBox 7 iso, replicating the installation steps given on vicibox's website. Now i know vicidial does not recommend virtualization, however my purpose here is to just learn configuring vicidial and making the autodialer dial through the auto broadcast campaign. I have outbound voip minutes to test this scenario, which works well through eyebeam.

I have studied the installation guide and seen youtube videos. Now i am presented with couple of questions.

1) Should i use graphical mode to install the carrier or should i direct edit sip.conf from root and put the carrier there?

If i install carrier via graphical UI, will the command "sip show registry" will show registered trunk if the provided details are correct ? I am aware that it will be stored in sip-vicidial.conf instead of sip.conf.

2) Suppose, if i have completed the installation using express-install command. Now in the fresh installation, what configuration changes do i need to make first? First thing to do is create new admin user and modify user settings. Now if i want to start dialing after this step, will i just need to configure campaigns, remote agent and add lead list to just dial away ? or are there any other steps to ready freshly installed server for dialing ?

1) This can all be done via the GUI and all "SIP Show" commands will display the information appropriately. After making any changes or additions to the carriers go to Admin > System Settings > Reload Dialplan On Servers, so that the changes take immediate effect.

2) Enable all necessary access to the 6666 user, add campaign, phones, user groups, users, carriers, and if necessary, inbound groups and DIDs
VoIP for Call Centers using VICIdial
Third Rock Telecom
http://www.ThirdRockTelecom.ca
(855) 807-7625

VoIP for Call Centers | DIDs/Inbound | Data | Ringless Voicemail | Voice Broadcasting | SMS
ThirdRockTelecom

Postby williamconley » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Once you have completed Installation, which is best completed by following the PDF instructions from the Vicibox.com website, you should switch to The Vicidial Manager's Manual. It is available in both Free and Paid versions on EFLO.net. Start at page one and don't skip anything. You will cover (in the free version) 100% of the features needed for a fully functional predictive and blended autodialer (ie: inbound, outbound, and both). The paid version has hundreds of extra pages of special configurations and deeper knowledge of the more complex features (and I highly recommend it), but the Free version Will Get You Going.

Knowing how to edit sip.conf is useful. But "un"editing it and putting your required entries in the "Admin->Carriers" GUI entries will allow for Upgrade and simpler editing in the future.

As you are on a Virtual system for testing: Reinstall several times! It's very useful to install at least a half dozen times so you can get used to all the required processes and remove the "magic" from the entire installation process.

Remember that the Installer's Primary job is to provide an "environment" in which Vicidial can run. Vicidial is OS independent, so any linux platform will do. After that "environment" is built, Vicibox also installs Vicidial itself. Later, Vicidial can be easily upgraded without any changes to that Linux environment being needed.

Welcome to the Party! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support