Call Audio stops

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Call Audio stops

Postby hansg » Thu May 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi,

I am having a problem where calls will work for a while then all of a sudden the customers can't hear the agents on the phone.

We are using XLite and the microphone levels stop responding when speaking into the mic. I need to restart XLite and log out and back in again for the audio to work again.

This can happen every few minutes and is unusable.

Is this possibly an issue with RTP ports?
Dual Core - 4GB DDR3 - 80GB SSD
Vicibox 9
VERSION: 2.14-751a
BUILD: 200425-0949
SSL Installed
hansg

Re: Call Audio stops

Postby hansg » Thu May 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Also....

The softphone (XLite) doesn't actually hang up the call. It still has a connection to the dialer and the agents can still hear the customers on the call.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Dual Core - 4GB DDR3 - 80GB SSD
Vicibox 9
VERSION: 2.14-751a
BUILD: 200425-0949
SSL Installed
hansg

Re: Call Audio stops

Postby williamconley » Thu May 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Time the occurrence. If it happens at pretty much the same number of seconds each time ... it's an RTP issue, but this may also be a "feature" of X-Lite (which has many fun features that have no value) related to RTP. I love those guys.

Try turning off any "features" in x-lite that may be related to "helping" with connectivity in any way, such as terminating a channel in times of network disruption.

Or ... Try a different soft phone such as 3CX. Perhaps even an IAX soft phone instead of SIP (Zoiper is nice).

Try a different carrier.

Try changing the timeout on your rtp ports.

Be happy I pulled this page shortly after 4PM even though I got busy and didn't have time to complete my response until later. If I had pulled it after your 6PM post, I'd have never seen it as you "answered" your own question (posting in your own thread before anyone else constitutes an "answer" in phpBB, and your post disappears from the "unanswered posts" list ...).

So ya got lucky. In future, edit posts that have not yet been answered to avoid being removed from the list instead of posting your own answer.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support