Remote agents stuck on RING

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Remote agents stuck on RING

Postby Wesvici » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:19 am

VERSION: 2.12-531a
BUILD: 160101-0928
Centos 6
Asterisk 1.8.23.0
Db scheme 1447

I have set up an ingroup with remote agents for inbound calls. In the ingroup I set the drop time to 30 secs in order to trigger voicemail action or route to another ingroup, however when the drop action happens the remote agent phone is left in status RING and cannot take further calls. If you set the drop timer carefully timed with the on hook ring time it will work 3 out of 5 times but obviously this cant be right can it? Am I missing something?

Many Thanks
Wesvici

Re: Remote agents stuck on RING

Postby Wesvici » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Have I asked the question in the right way to get a response?

Thanks again
Wesvici

Postby Wesvici » Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi
Anyone at least want to tell me im being stupid and its something simple ? please ..... i own a managers manual and cannot figure this out :-(
Wesvici

Postby williamconley » Thu May 03, 2018 5:20 pm

1) (Important): Don't answer your own questions. You posted, then you posted again. This system views that second post as the answer. Your thread then disappears from the "unanswered posts" and you screwed yourself out of getting an answer from those of us who pay attention to "unanswered posts" while we're spread thin trying to help out for free. Lesson learned, right? 8-)

2) You posted your version, good: But you did not post your installation method with a link, and you did not install from a stock Vicibox .iso (obviously, since you're in CentOS). Please post a link to your installation instructions and list the full name of your .iso installer (with version). This will give us your environment and the instruction set ... and if the instruction set is screwy, those in the same boat with you may help you out or you may help them out. Cross fixing is cool.

3) If you have modified your extensions.conf (or any included extension configuration files) or added any contexts in a dialplan entry (custom or carrier or wherever), you must be certain that every context has the hangup line. Failure to execute the failure line whenever a call terminates can leave required technical processes undone. That hangup line invokes an agi script that "closes out" many processes.

4) If this problem is repeatable: Stop all other traffic on the server and post asterisk CLI output from a single test event (beginning to end of one call, not 3000 lines of unrelated code, and not just the first or last line, lol).

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Wesvici » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi William,
Thank you for your answer sorry it took me while to come back as I thought no one was replying.
It turned out they could actually still accept new calls it was just the status on the realtime report that wouldn't change back to 'ready' when they hang up.

It is still functional so we have ignored the problem for now.

I will be sure not to reply to my own posts next time and get a link to my installation method.

Thanks Again.
Wesvici

Return to Support