Voicemail not working on some asterisk servers

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Voicemail not working on some asterisk servers

Postby perci100 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:49 am

Ive had my cluster in production about 6 years now and its come a long way ( about time to switch out the db server)

anyhow i am running into an issue with voicemail retrieval. I currently have 4 telephone servers running , if I register to tel1 and dial 8500 I get an incorrect extension recording. I can see in asterisk it plays both the login and goodbye recording immediately after one another

When I register to any other telephone server , 8500 will get me to the VM system , it asks me to login , the box is correct but then the password does not work.

I can see on the CLI that DTMF is working properly sending the correct digits and it matches the password set on the VM box.

I guess my question is , on a high level how does the VM system work? I cant understand why this would happen.

One thing I can say is this

tel1 - runs asterisk version 1.8.23.0-vici
tel2 - tel3 - tel4 run on 1.8.32.2-vici

Im actually not sure how to update as all the repos are dead and im a little afraid to try and change them. I dont want to hose my system.
8 server cluster web/tel x 5/db/archive(rec only) in production inbound/outbound/AMD/full recording |Vicibox 5.0.3 Standard ISO | VERSION: 2.12-549a BUILD: 160404-0940 | Asterisk 1.8.25.0-vici | No added software all servers in RAID 10
perci100

Return to Support