Send voicemail on email

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Send voicemail on email

Postby nithack » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 am

Hi team,

Please help as unable to send voicemail on email...since after creation of voicemail , files are genrating.
But ubale to trigger email..
nithack

Re: Send voicemail on email

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) This is obviously a support request and not a "General Discussion". I'll move the post to Support accordingly.

4) This is an Installation-related question. You've supplied NO information regarding your installation. Nor have you provided any CLI or log output to support any troubleshooting.

5) My best advice, to the beginners such as you: Go to Vicibox.com. Download both the .iso installer for Vicibox 8.0.1 (or the latest available at the time you read this) and the PDF installation instructions. Follow those instructions to get a valid installation. Consider doing this on a Virtual server several times until you are very clear on the process and how easy it is (never fear the re-install!). After installation, switch to the Vicidial Manager's Manual available free (there is also a paid version, give that some serious consideration, especially after you get your first check!) on EFLO.net. Start at page one of the Vicidial Manager's Manual. Don't skip any pages. When you get to a section you don't need and are planning to skip that section, slap yourself. Don't skip any pages. When you have a fully functional server with all the features you require ... then you stop.

6) If you get all the way to the end and find yourself in need of a special function you can not find OR you have a problem of some sort: Stop. Bring the problem here. Post the settings related to the problem. Post what you think should have happened (in detail) and what actually happened. Post excerpts leading up to the problem from logs you believe relevant. And post the version, page number, and line number of the Manual that you were on when you experienced this problem. And that will make it so easy to help you that someone will jump right in. If you're willing to provide details and make it easy for us to understand where you are and what your problem is, we will take the time to pop off an answer.

7) Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby nithack » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 am

Server APP VERSION
Configuration:
Installed vicibox 7.0,
Vicidial version:2.12-552a ,
Asterisk version:11.25.
Last edited by nithack on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
nithack

Postby williamconley » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 am

Um ... did you seriouly post an entire .conf file AND a php file? Perhaps you should delete those. It's never a good idea to post the contents of a stock or Vicidial generated file in full. Post only the necessary details relevant to your problem AFTER clearly stating your problem and the configuration options that may be relevant.

Next up: I don't understand your note at the bottom. Maybe someone else will. But I'm moving to the next task.
williamconley

Postby susam » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:08 pm

I also try to configure voicemail to email, but unable to do that. I have configured postfix files with gmail account, after that I tried to do from my company domain, but unsuccessful, please provide us some guides, I am using vicidial 8.0.1.
susam

Postby kalaula2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi guys good day. Im also having this issue. tried everything found on the forum with regards to this issue but no luck hehehe...
checked /var/log/mail and what i got is: host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=email address type=MX: host not found try again.
kalaula2

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Start here at the command line (all one line, regardless of how the web browser may choose to display it):

Code: Select all
echo "This will go into the body of the mail." | mail -s "Hello world" recipient@yourdomain.com -r sender@yourdomain.com

Then check your mail log:

Code: Select all
cat /var/log/mail.info
williamconley

Return to Support