Is there any web lead manager?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Is there any web lead manager?

Postby krtapas » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 pm

Greetings,

I was looking for if there is some web lead manager in which I could check my uploaded leads and check every custom field too, but I didn't find. It is only possible through phpmyadmin or can I give some tool for my customer?

I saw you can upload several leads, upload one lead, check leads in hopper, etc.

Thanks in advance.
ViciBox 8
VERSION: 2.14-669a
BUILD: 180411-1647
VMWare virtual machine
4.0 GB RAM
100TB HardDisk
3.0GHz Quad-core processor
krtapas

Re: Is there any web lead manager?

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:07 am

You can look at individual leads in the lead modify screen(which you can get to through search leads page), you can also download all leads in a list(including custom fields), but we don't have a lead browser that will let you view all lead fields for all leads in one web browser screen.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby krtapas » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 am

mflorell wrote:You can look at individual leads in the lead modify screen(which you can get to through search leads page), you can also download all leads in a list(including custom fields), but we don't have a lead browser that will let you view all lead fields for all leads in one web browser screen.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your quick response.

I will enable the search leads page to our agents. Do you think is very intensive for the DB trying to make a little web lead manager? Why Vicidial doesn't have it?, any technical reason or do you consider it nonuseful?

Regards.
ViciBox 8
VMWare virtual machine
4.0 GB RAM
100TB HardDisk
krtapas

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:04 pm

The honest reason is that it would be very complex, might cause database load issues, and no client of ours has wanted to pay for something like that to be added.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby krtapas » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 pm

mflorell wrote:The honest reason is that it would be very complex, might cause database load issues, and no client of ours has wanted to pay for something like that to be added.

OK, I understand, I suppose something similar. Thanks a lot for your time.
ViciBox 8
VMWare virtual machine
4.0 GB RAM
100TB HardDisk
krtapas

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:35 pm

krtapas wrote:Do you think is very intensive for the DB trying to make a little web lead manager? Why Vicidial doesn't have it?, any technical reason or do you consider it nonuseful?

Regards.

You putting the word "little" in front of "web lead manager" doesn't somehow embue a small footprint on the application.

The concept is that there are hundreds of ways to view and/or modify leads in a web page. Integrating that function in the Vicidial Agent Screen, which already has a HUGE overhead, can only add to the overhead.

Were you to put it in the Script Pane or another pane (in an iFrame) entirely, or just on another web page altogether, would make much more sense. Then use the Agent API to perform any tasks related to dialing those leads, or the "lead modify" page in Vicidial for editing of them. A page just showing a table with specific fields is easy to create, but the more data present, the more load on the page. Showing several thousand leads takes a fair amount of memory. Vicidial's already pushing some limits in this regard.

So: Not hard to build, but is there an overriding need for it to be IN the Vicidial Agent Screen?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby krtapas » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:03 pm

williamconley wrote:
krtapas wrote:Do you think is very intensive for the DB trying to make a little web lead manager? Why Vicidial doesn't have it?, any technical reason or do you consider it nonuseful?

Regards.

You putting the word "little" in front of "web lead manager" doesn't somehow embue a small footprint on the application.

The concept is that there are hundreds of ways to view and/or modify leads in a web page. Integrating that function in the Vicidial Agent Screen, which already has a HUGE overhead, can only add to the overhead.

Were you to put it in the Script Pane or another pane (in an iFrame) entirely, or just on another web page altogether, would make much more sense. Then use the Agent API to perform any tasks related to dialing those leads, or the "lead modify" page in Vicidial for editing of them. A page just showing a table with specific fields is easy to create, but the more data present, the more load on the page. Showing several thousand leads takes a fair amount of memory. Vicidial's already pushing some limits in this regard.

So: Not hard to build, but is there an overriding need for it to be IN the Vicidial Agent Screen?

Hi William,

I don't want to add a web lead manager into the Agent page. Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. I would like to have some page to be checked by my supervisor, in which he can see uploaded leads info, because there are about 32 custom fields in a form. Now I know it could be so complex as I wish and add some load to the system.

By now, I will work with lead search page. Thanks a lot for your info.
ViciBox 8
VMWare virtual machine
4.0 GB RAM
100TB HardDisk
krtapas

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:19 pm

krtapas wrote:I don't want to add a web lead manager into the Agent page. Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. I would like to have some page to be checked by my supervisor, in which he can see uploaded leads info, because there are about 32 custom fields in a form. Now I know it could be so complex as I wish and add some load to the system.

But the name of the thread is "Is there any web lead manager?". So you could see how I might be lead to believe you wanted to add a "web lead manager". lol

If your question relates to showing the data from more than one record at a time (so your manager can scan the import and find errors easily), either use phpMyAdmin or create your own simple web page that displays this information or use a pre-built app like phpmysqlezedit:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmysqlezedit/files/

This app allows the addition of a single file to allow viewing/editing a table. You could modify it to show leads from one list at a time pretty easily. You can also segregate the DB credentials into a 2nd file NOT in the web root to avoid hackers.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby krtapas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:53 am

Hi William,

Thanks for your explanation and the useful link. I will use it in order to allow my supervisor checking leads uploaded without export the list. When I have results, I will share my findings here. I will take care about pagination and size of query in order to avoid some troubles related with the DB.

Regards.

williamconley wrote:
krtapas wrote:I don't want to add a web lead manager into the Agent page. Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. I would like to have some page to be checked by my supervisor, in which he can see uploaded leads info, because there are about 32 custom fields in a form. Now I know it could be so complex as I wish and add some load to the system.

But the name of the thread is "Is there any web lead manager?". So you could see how I might be lead to believe you wanted to add a "web lead manager". lol

If your question relates to showing the data from more than one record at a time (so your manager can scan the import and find errors easily), either use phpMyAdmin or create your own simple web page that displays this information or use a pre-built app like phpmysqlezedit:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmysqlezedit/files/

This app allows the addition of a single file to allow viewing/editing a table. You could modify it to show leads from one list at a time pretty easily. You can also segregate the DB credentials into a 2nd file NOT in the web root to avoid hackers.
ViciBox 8
VMWare virtual machine
4.0 GB RAM
100TB HardDisk
krtapas

Return to Support