Dropped Calls Criteria

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dropped Calls Criteria

Postby pferro17 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:53 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to determine exactly what determines a "dropped" call. I've read the manual and it explains the high level concept behind dropped calls (i.e. any call ended before being sent to an agent.) But I'm trying to determine how literal that is.

For example, if we have answering machine detection on, would those be considered dropped since they connect but are ended without going to an agent? What about disconnected phone numbers and similar situations? If there's a place for me to see a list of dropped calls I could certainly do the research but I haven't been able to find a way to get a list of dropped calls so I can cross-reference the status of each of them.

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks!
Paul
pferro@armsolutions.com
pferro17

Re: Dropped Calls Criteria

Postby blackbird2306 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 am

The dropped call statuses are for example "DROP" (outbound), "XDROP" (inbound) and "PDROP". These are calls with "ANSWER" signal and flagged from the system to go to an agent when no agent at this time is available.
In this context system detected answering machine (AA) calls will not get the status "DROP" because these calls should not be transferred to an agent. Same with "ADC" (Disconnected Number Auto) or "AB" (Busy Auto).
It's possible to locate the calls with "DROP" status:
1. Reports --> Export Calls Report --> choose campaign, date range, certain statuses like "DROP"
2. Lists --> Search for a lead --> search for status e.g. "DROP"

Another interesting thing to know when changing campaign "Drop Percentage Limit":
Drop Rate Calculation = (DROPPED CALLS / ANSWERED CALLS) * 100
All calls within the status setting "Human answer" set to "Y" are considered as "ANSWERED CALLS"
Look into menu admin --> system statuses and campaigns --> statuses.
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Re: Dropped Calls Criteria

Postby pferro17 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:01 am

Wow, thank you blackbird. I didn't even think to question the actual calculation; I assumed it was simply (DROPPED CALLS / CALLS WITH ANSWER FLAG). So if we had 100 calls that should have been sent to an agent and 15 dropped, and 50 were human answer we would have a 15% drop rate (15 / 100). But it sounds like with this calculation, it would actually be 30% drop rate (15 / 50). This information is incredibly helpful! Thank you.

Paul
pferro17

Return to Support