List resets all statuses including DNC to dailable

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

List resets all statuses including DNC to dailable

Postby SPAMSAM » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 am

When I reset a list It resets all statuses including DNC and SALE to dialable, even though they are not listed under Dial Statuses in the campaign.

I have already run a database repair and am pretty sure its just a setting that I'm missing somewhere.

Which setting could cause vicidial to do this?

VERSION: 2.9-441a
BUILD: 140612-1628
Asterisk: 1.8.23.0
SPAMSAM

Re: List resets all statuses including DNC to dailable

Postby mflorell » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:25 am

That's exactly how it is supposed to work, it has always worked that way, for over 14 years now.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:36 pm

SPAMSAM wrote:When I reset a list It resets all statuses including DNC and SALE to dialable

That's a false assertion based on a misunderstanding of the situation.

It doesn't set them to "dialable". Your Campaign has the list of "dial statuses". Resetting those leads does not cause those statuses (especially DNC) to magically appear in the list of "dialable" statuses in the campaign.

It DOES mark each lead as "not dialed since last reset". You just reset the list. They have NOT been dialed since you reset the list (5 seconds ago?). That's a true statement.

Now the question (really) is: Will they be dialed? Answer: If the lead's status is NOT in the "Dial Status" list, they will NOT be dialed. Thus "DNC" status leads will not be dialed unless "DNC" is a dial status for that campaign. I recommend NOT making DNC a dial status. lol

So everything is working as it should.

As pointed out, this is how the system has worked for many (many) years. But it's technical, and you need to understand the difference between "dialed since last reset" (a property of each lead) and "dial statuses" (which is on the campaign). One is basically for "hasn't been dialed recently" and the other is for "WILL be dialed". If it's not a "Dial Status" is will NOT be dialed.

Capisce? 8-)

Think about it this way: Forget DNC for a moment. Suppose you were to create a status for "Doesn't like Pink" (NOPINK). And 20% of your prospects end up with this status. Your product is pink, so you won't be calling those back. That status is therefor NOT on your "Dial Status" list for your campaign. And you have hundreds of prospects who don't like pink, and you don't call them even after resetting the list because that's their status (NOPINK).

You get a new product. It's NOT pink. Now you can call all these leads. You create a new campaign, with NOPINK as a dial status. You move the list into that new campaign and *Poof* those NOPINK leads immediately being dialing. Even before you reset the list. Because those "NOPINK" Leads have been sitting there with "dialed since last' set to "no" for quite some time. But they were stuck: They weren't being dialed because NOPINK was not a dialable status, blocking the dial.

Everything is working just as it should. But don't put DNC in the "dial status" list. K?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby SPAMSAM » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks for clarifying guys. Much appreciated
SPAMSAM

Return to Support