Help to contact - vicidial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Help to contact - vicidial

Postby victornova » Mon May 08, 2017 4:54 pm

A cordial greeting to all,

I need help because I am having a contact problem, every 10,000 numbers 6,000 are NA and 2,000 AL, I want to know if there is a way to solve that problem, I am left with few listings to score because of NA, sometimes not.

Regards,
Victor Nova

VERSION: 2.14-583a
BUILD: 161226-2224
© 2016 ViciDial Group
victornova

Re: Help to contact - vicidial

Postby williamconley » Mon May 08, 2017 5:13 pm

1) Welcome aboard 8-)

2) In the future, you may find you get better results when you post with a subject line that includes an understandable short version of the question. Honestly. :)

3) You may be experiencing a loss of connectivity to your carrier. This could be related to a networking problem. It could also be the result of exceeding your carrier's calls per second limit or max total connection limit. In any event, your best bet would be to discuss it with your carrier to begin the troubleshooting process. As a test, you could greatly reduce your dialing speed and "calls per second" limit and max calls limit under Admin->Servers to see if that improves performance. If it does, make adjustments until you find your limits.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby victornova » Mon May 08, 2017 5:20 pm

williamconley wrote:1) Welcome aboard 8-)

2) In the future, you may find you get better results when you post with a subject line that includes an understandable short version of the question. Honestly. :)

3) You may be experiencing a loss of connectivity to your carrier. This could be related to a networking problem. It could also be the result of exceeding your carrier's calls per second limit or max total connection limit. In any event, your best bet would be to discuss it with your carrier to begin the troubleshooting process. As a test, you could greatly reduce your dialing speed and "calls per second" limit and max calls limit under Admin->Servers to see if that improves performance. If it does, make adjustments until you find your limits.

Thanks for answering my question and for the suggestion, I have 5 Max Calls for Second and 200 Max Trunks
victornova

Postby williamconley » Mon May 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Change to call call per second and 10 calls max for a few minutes and see if that removes the NA calls during that time. Test.
williamconley

Postby victornova » Mon May 08, 2017 6:49 pm

williamconley wrote:Change to call call per second and 10 calls max for a few minutes and see if that removes the NA calls during that time. Test.

I did tests but still NA
victornova

Postby williamconley » Mon May 08, 2017 11:52 pm

Next you use the asterisk cli to determine if the calls are being attempted but failing or not attempted at all.

For instance:
Code: Select all
asterisk -rx "sip show peers"

If any of your carriers are "unreachable", the calls will not be attempted at all. Bad networking will cause this, but some carriers will refuse "keepalive" packets, which cause "unreachable", which disable the carrier until the keepalive succeeds. Not likely if "some" calls work, but possible. Quite often this is due to bad networking or bad number format or something similar.

The asterisk CLI is very useful for tracking this scenario. It's also useful to have an "s" extension in your dialplan with a "noop" statement saying "bad extension" and the other two asterisk dialplan entries (the agi line and the hangup line). Like this:

exten=> s,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten=> s,n,NoOp(No Dial Pattern Matches This Extension)
exten=> s,n,Hangup

This will then show in the dialplan for bad extensions. Add it to one of your active carriers.
williamconley

Postby victornova » Tue May 09, 2017 4:11 pm

williamconley wrote:Next you use the asterisk cli to determine if the calls are being attempted but failing or not attempted at all.

For instance:
asterisk -rx "sip show peers"

If any of your carriers are "unreachable", the calls will not be attempted at all. Bad networking will cause this, but some carriers will refuse "keepalive" packets, which cause "unreachable", which disable the carrier until the keepalive succeeds. Not likely if "some" calls work, but possible. Quite often this is due to bad networking or bad number format or something similar.

The asterisk CLI is very useful for tracking this scenario. It's also useful to have an "s" extension in your dialplan with a "noop" statement saying "bad extension" and the other two asterisk dialplan entries (the agi line and the hangup line). Like this:

exten=> s,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten=> s,n,NoOp(No Dial Pattern Matches This Extension)
exten=> s,n,Hangup

This will then show in the dialplan for bad extensions. Add it to one of your active carriers.

I put only NA markers to see if they contact one and nothing, none of those numbers are contacted and are good numbers, real numbers, I call them from my cell and answer but from the vicidial no.
victornova

Postby williamconley » Tue May 09, 2017 5:08 pm

williamconley wrote:Next you use the asterisk cli to determine if the calls are being attempted but failing or not attempted at all.
williamconley

Postby blackbird2306 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:54 am

Another possibility for tracking carrier is under Reports -> Admin Utilities -> Carrier Log Report
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Return to Support