Broken Pipe error affecting dialing

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Broken Pipe error affecting dialing

Postby ngtechnologies » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Currently have 5 server cluster, 1 database 1 webserver 3 asterisk boxes, all scratch install on Centos 6.9.

Have 2 identical campaigns created and working, client requested cities to be separated for accounting purposes. While dialing on campaign A all is normal, CLI is clean with normal notifications. During campaign B, CLI is full of broken pipe errors and many calls do not connect (and actually the amount of errors will change, when we receive less errors we set dial ratio 3....when we have many errors we set dial level 6).

I know everyone says to ignore the broken pipe errors, but in this case they are affecting the dialing. Where and or what should I look at? I have considered rebuilding the campaign from scratch and see if is corrupted database.

Just is very strange to have the errors on one campaign and not the other.
ngtechnologies

Re: Broken Pipe error affecting dialing

Postby ngtechnologies » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Ok, so created a new campaign and still same errors, does not matter carrier as we have tried 4.....still have the errors on one campaign, but not the other.

Why would these errors occur on only when calling to one city and not another?
ngtechnologies

Re: Broken Pipe error affecting dialing

Postby mflorell » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:27 pm

I have seen broken pipe errors on many Asterisk servers, but I've never seen them cause problems before.

What version of Asterisk are you using?
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support