make incoming calla specific DID act like a outbound call

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

make incoming calla specific DID act like a outbound call

Postby callforamerica » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:03 am

Hi,

I'm running a outbound campaign, and there are many dialed ho don't answer and call back the outbound CID Number.

I want to make it so when they call back a specific DID that I used to dial them it is answered treated like a outgoing call, and the same survey or whatever configurations are present for the campaign outgoing call is used for this incoming call.

For example if a CAMP1 is set to Survey mode and plays greeting "Hellogreeting" and collects DTMF 123 and hangs up. I want this incoming call to use those same campaign settings and act just like a incoming call.

I tried things like transferring the incoming call to extension 8366, but it doesn't work.

Is there a AGI script I can send it to? If so, how would I do it and pass the params necessary?

Thanks so much!

VERSION: 2.12-565a
BUILD: 160827-0917
Built with Vicibox 7
callforamerica

Re: make incoming calla specific DID act like a outbound cal

Postby williamconley » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:36 pm

Send the inbound calls for that DID to a Call Menu with a duplication of the survey, but as a call menu instead. Call menus are easier to configure than Surveys, LOL.

Then have those intended for an agent go to an ingroup, have the ingroup allowed in the campaign, and have the agents logged in to the ingroup.

Vicidial Manager's Manual (EFLO.net, free and paid versions BOTH cover inbound calls and call menus).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:45 am

If you want it to look up the phone number in the database and tie the DTMF responses to a lead, then you will need to send the call to an In-Group that is always closed, and use the After Hours option to send it on to the Call Menu. We use this all the time for our outbound political polling.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby fibres » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi Mflorell

Ok so I have an inbound DID, pointed to an INGroup with call time set to 0 hours, this then sends the call out of hours to a call menu.

How do I tell the call menu what disposition to set on the call based on the option selected?

All calls seem to just get the AFTHRS dispostion and no way of knowing from the lead which option in the callmenu was selected.
Vicibox 4.0.3 ISO install.
VERSION: 2.6-393a
BUILD: 130124-1721
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
No other software installed
fibres

Postby williamconley » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:41 pm

fibres wrote:Hi Mflorell

Ok so I have an inbound DID, pointed to an INGroup with call time set to 0 hours, this then sends the call out of hours to a call menu.

How do I tell the call menu what disposition to set on the call based on the option selected?

All calls seem to just get the AFTHRS dispostion and no way of knowing from the lead which option in the callmenu was selected.

Route: AGI

From the Help for route: "For AGI, the Route Value needs to be the agi script and any values taht [sic] need to be passed to it."

There is a specific AGI script which will set the Status of the lead, then return the call to the call menu and execute another entry. It's common to set this to set the Lead Status, then return to an option such as "D" and have the option for "D" perform the action that you want to occur. This way you have accomplished two tasks with one button press: Changing the lead status and whatever you set "D" to do.

There are several forum posts on the subject, in addition to an entry in the Vicidial Manager's Manual.

Example: http://forum.eflo.net/VICIDIALforum/vie ... =4&t=35114
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:43 pm

If you want to set the status on a call within a Call Menu, you can use the cm_status_dial.agi script:

For a Custom Dialplan entry, or as part of a Prompt entry or AGI routing option:
; Below are the parameters needed for the script to be run properly
; 1. the status to change the lead to
; 2. the phone number or extension to dial
; 3. the context to dial in
;
;inbound calls check calltime:
cm_status_dial.agi,XFER-----917275551212-----default
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support