Just print the phone number - SOLVED

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Just print the phone number - SOLVED

Postby eijal » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:57 pm

Hi,
In the vicidial.php, for the agents I just want print the phone numbers and I don't want them editable. the following code could be correct?
This is the original:
Code: Select all
<tr>
<td align=right><font class="body_text"> Phone: </td>
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=11 name=phone_number maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; DialCode: <input type=text size=4 name=phone_code maxlength=10 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; Alt. Phone: <input type=text size=11 name=alt_phone maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value=""></td>
</tr>

This could be the phone numbers not editables
<tr>
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=hidden size=11 name=phone_number maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value=""> <?php echo "$phone_number"; ?>&nbsp; DialCode: <input type=text size=4 name=phone_code maxlength=10 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; Alt. Phone: <input type=hidden size=11 name=alt_phone maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value=""><?php echo "alt_phone"; ?></td>
</tr>

Please help
Last edited by eijal on Tue May 27, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
eijal

Postby mflorell » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:29 pm

I guess that would work, the phone_number field is not editable by the agent anyway, they can edit it in the form but it will not be comitted.

There is also a new feature in the 2.0.3b5 release where you can prohibit agents from altering anything on the lead record except for the status.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby caspar » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:54 am

I do not know about VICIDIAL version 2.0.3b but in VICIDIAL version 2.0.2 the following is possible:

- Agent login to VICIDIAL client
- Agent check LEAD PREVIEW
- The next lead's information is now displayed in the form
- Agent modifies the lead's phone number
- Agent clicks on DIAL LEAD

This will actually cause VICIDIAL to dial the modified phone number instead of the lead's phone number. This way it is possible for agents to make private phone calls as if they were calling clients!

And, yes, it does not modify the original lead's information in the database. Now when the supervisor is pulling a report on the agent, it seems like the agent is calling the company's clients, but in fact the agent is calling his/her friends.
caspar

Postby chander.prakash » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:29 pm

You have dial method of the campaing set to Manual.

Change it to Ratio or Adapt_Average

Should sort out the problem.

However if you still wish to keep the dial method to Manual, slight modification in the code needs to be made for which you can contact us.
Thanks

Chander
Email: vicidial.professional@gmail.com
chander.prakash

Postby eijal » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:23 pm

mflorell wrote:I guess that would work, the phone_number field is not editable by the agent anyway, they can edit it in the form but it will not be comitted.

There is also a new feature in the 2.0.3b5 release where you can prohibit agents from altering anything on the lead record except for the status.

Hi Matt
The agents can edit the phone_number field when:

1. They receive the call (in auto dial)
2. After the call, they disposition the call for MY ONLY CALL BACK
3. In pause mode they access their contacts (their call backs)
4. They click in any number and if they change the phone number before the DIAL LEAD button, they are making the call to that new number. (I don't want that, but in most of the cases they must edit the zipcode, address1, etc)

For all my agentes the field: Agent Alter Customer Data Override is NOT_ACTIVE and in the campaign: Disable Alter Customer Data: N
eijal

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:22 pm

Please post a feature request to the VICIDIAL Issue Tracker to add an option to lock the form fields in vicidial.php and then post the tracker link here. This would not be added until the 2.0.4 tree.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby eijal » Tue May 20, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi,
How can I just print the phone number, state, postal code and son on in the vicidial.php?

The following doesn't work.
<?
echo "$phone_number <br>";
echo "$state <br>";
echo "$postal_code <br>";
?>

I don't really understand the form. Where are the values from? If the value is empty value=""
<input type=text size=11 name=phone_number maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value="">

Please how can I just print the values, without using text forms?

Thanks
eijal

Postby mflorell » Wed May 21, 2008 2:43 am

This would require quite a bit of altering of the HTML and javascript of the vicidial.php page. The content of the form fields are generated dynamically by AJAX and this feature could not be done without many code changes.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby pylinuxian » Wed May 21, 2008 6:50 am

I suggest you actually load only the fields you want to show to users to the database. simpler, faster.
pylinuxian

Postby eijal » Wed May 21, 2008 1:33 pm

pylinuxian wrote:I suggest you actually load only the fields you want to show to users to the database. simpler, faster.

Yes, it is easier and faster. But I have to show the costumer information to agents. And the fields of: state, city and so on must not be editable
eijal

Postby pylinuxian » Wed May 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Well, I always said vicidial.php file needs a rewrite. & I am ready to contribute. the starting point would be to remove all the logic the page was built upon : "one page instead of many pages" I would go for many pages & wouldn't care for handreds of variables being posted when leaving one page for the other, I could even say that diferent pages for diferent campains I mean one for inbound & another for outbound, & when user wants a manual call I would go for a third page poping up ...
I beliebe this will allow infinite customizations, for example in my case I need to be able to copy all Lead information into the clipboard & from there past it in the url field in the browser (as javascript code) so that I can fill a form on our a client Intranet and I could not, simply because vicidial.php is so hard to change.
pylinuxian

Postby mflorell » Wed May 21, 2008 5:51 pm

Have you tried setting the campaign field "Disable Alter Customer Data:" to Y?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby eijal » Wed May 21, 2008 8:48 pm

mflorell wrote:Have you tried setting the campaign field "Disable Alter Customer Data:" to Y?

No, but my real problem is what caspar wrote. And I am using VICIDIAL version 2.0.3

caspar wrote:I do not know about VICIDIAL version 2.0.3b but in VICIDIAL version 2.0.2 the following is possible:

- Agent login to VICIDIAL client
- Agent check LEAD PREVIEW
- The next lead's information is now displayed in the form
- Agent modifies the lead's phone number
- Agent clicks on DIAL LEAD

This will actually cause VICIDIAL to dial the modified phone number instead of the lead's phone number. This way it is possible for agents to make private phone calls as if they were calling clients!

And, yes, it does not modify the original lead's information in the database. Now when the supervisor is pulling a report on the agent, it seems like the agent is calling the company's clients, but in fact the agent is calling his/her friends.
eijal

Postby mflorell » Thu May 22, 2008 5:18 am

Are you using lead preview?

have you tried making the phone number field DISABLED in he HTML code of vicidial.php?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby eijal » Thu May 22, 2008 3:18 pm

mflorell wrote:Are you using lead preview?

have you tried making the phone number field DISABLED in he HTML code of vicidial.php?

For an effect like redial, we are using in the campaign the option Alt Number Dialing: Y

And yes, the agents have the option of lead preview (I am using v2.0.3).

Sorry, but How can I DISABLE the phone number field in the HTML code of vicidial.php? I can't figure it out

Thanks
eijal

Postby pylinuxian » Thu May 22, 2008 3:40 pm

I guess you would look for this:
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=11 name=phone_number maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value="">

and change <input type=text size=11
to <input type=hidden size=11

ps : if they can't see it they can't change it. :)
pylinuxian

Postby pylinuxian » Fri May 23, 2008 8:41 am

is will actually cause VICIDIAL to dial the modified phone number instead of the lead's phone number. This way it is possible for agents to make private phone calls as if they were calling clients!

Isn't there any other location where called numbers (real numbers dialed by Asterisk) are recorded ? so that one can trace calls that do no belong to campain if he wishes ?
pylinuxian

Postby mflorell » Fri May 23, 2008 9:04 am

vicidial_log should keep track of the actual number dialed, but in some circumstances like with Manual dial Override the number is not recorded.

You can always check the call_log table, because that should log all calls.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby eijal » Fri May 23, 2008 4:44 pm

pylinuxian wrote:I guess you would look for this:
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=11 name=phone_number maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value="">

and change <input type=text size=11
to <input type=hidden size=11

ps : if they can't see it they can't change it. :)

My friend the agents need to see the phone number

Matt, please. What do you mean with: have you tried making the phone number field DISABLED in the HTML code of vicidial.php?

Sorry, But I don't understand. Please, could you be more specific?

Thanks

And about your question
Are you using lead preview?

Yes. For an effect like redial, I am using in the campaign the option Alt Number Dialing: Y
eijal

Postby mflorell » Fri May 23, 2008 7:05 pm

Not sure if it will work, but you could try this:

<input type=text size=11 name=phone_number maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value="" DISABLED>
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby pylinuxian » Fri May 23, 2008 7:19 pm

My friend the agents need to see the phone number

well, then you can put it somewhere else ... like inside address2 field for example.
I mean in data to load you can concatenate telephone with address2 ... that way its visible but changing it is of no use to agent.
pylinuxian

Postby eijal » Tue May 27, 2008 11:15 am

Thanks you very much Matt.

This is working

<input type=text size=11 name=phone_number maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value="" readonly="readonly">
eijal

Postby mflorell » Tue May 27, 2008 2:12 pm

That's great!

And thank you very much for posting your solution.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support