Quick question on adding seats

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Quick question on adding seats

Postby ArcticZero » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:00 am

Hi, I'm new to the call center business, but a start-up company I know is running an Asterisk/Vicidial solution on their server. However the configuration is set for 16 seats only, as configured by the guys who set their system up, whereas their box can currently support 24. Is there any way I could go around and increase the number of seats to the desired amount? Apparently the server has a Slackware distro, Asterisk, and astGUIclient/Vicidial. Also, I'm a total newbie at Linux (I know basic commands, that's it) and Asterisk.

I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks!
ArcticZero

Postby mflorell » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:42 am

VICIDIAL does not "support" a specific number of seats, and there is not a number anywhere in any settings that restricts the number of seats. You could add 200 seats to a single dialer, but if you tried to have that many agents on a single machine it wouldn't work well at all.

How do you know that this server will work well adding 8 more seats?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ArcticZero » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:14 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Well, the specs should be alright, actually. However, apparently, something is limiting the number of seats I can have. I've tried adding phones using the astGUIclient control panel, but whenever I try to use those slots on the box, they don't have a dial tone. Also, dialing to those extensions would return a busy tone. Phones 1-16 work well without problems, however anything beyond that will not work.

I'm clueless about this, really. Pardon the lack of common sense, if ever. :oops:
ArcticZero

Postby aster1 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:03 pm

u have to edit extensions.conf and sip.conf to add more phones to asterisk ( adding in vicidial gui alone wont do any good ) .
aster1

Postby Op3r » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:35 pm

aster1 is right

edit extensions.conf and sip.conf but that also depends if what are you using. maybe its iax.conf
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Return to Support