Problem here - Help required....

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Problem here - Help required....

Postby dev_4901 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:46 am

Hi,
I'm having a couple of problems here in my installation of VICI Dial.

a) When I try manual dialing numbers, sometimes I get to hear a message " No such context". I could attach the output of asterisk -r if required.

b) I still cant use third party conferencing. I could attach the output of asterisk -r if required.

c) Matt, you had told me to check the /home/cron/AMD_log.txt file, to see whether AMD is working or not. But there is no file by this name.

Plz advice.

Thanx in advance.

Dev.
dev_4901

Re: Problem here - Help required....

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:33 am

dev_4901 wrote:a) When I try manual dialing numbers, sometimes I get to hear a message " No such context". I could attach the output of asterisk -r if required.

This is entirely a settings issue. do you have a default context in your extensions.conf? Is that what you are using? Asterisk CLI output would be useful

b) I still cant use third party conferencing. I could attach the output of asterisk -r if required.

What happens when you try to use it?

c) Matt, you had told me to check the /home/cron/AMD_log.txt file, to see whether AMD is working or not. But there is no file by this name.

If the file is not there then you are not using AMD. I would recommend you read the VICIDIAL Manager Manual from eflo.net.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby dev_4901 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:44 am

Hi Matt,
Thanx for the reply....

The issues of "No such context" and the Third Party Conferencing which was not running has been resolved. It was a silly mistake, I had misspelt the context in extension.conf.

But the issue of AMD remains, I'm trying figure it out. I had downloaded the sample Manager Manual, but it has no mention of how to put AMD - 'ON'. Please advice.

Thanx in advance.

Dev
dev_4901

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:33 am

The tutorial on AMD is available in the Paid version of the manual.

As for setting it up. you just need these lines in your extensions.conf:
; VICIDIAL_auto_dialer transfer script AMD with Load Balanced:
exten => 8369,1,AGI(call_log.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8369,2,AMD(3500|1500|300|5000|120|50|5|256)
exten => 8369,3,AGI(VD_amd.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8369,4,AGI(agi-VDAD_LB_transfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8369,5,AGI(agi-VDAD_LB_transfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8369,6,AGI(agi-VDAD_LB_transfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8369,7,Hangup

; this is used for playing a message to an answering machine forwarded from AMD in VICIDIAL
; replace conf with the message file you want to leave
exten => 8320,1,WaitForSilence(2000,2) ; AMD got machine. leave message after recording
exten => 8320,2,Playback(conf)
exten => 8320,3,AGI(VD_amd_post.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8320,4,Hangup

then set your vdad exten in the campaign detail screen to 8369 and then set answering machine message to 8320
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby dev_4901 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:01 pm

Hi Matt,

Thanx for the reply.
But one thing, I not clear with. I'm not using load balancing i.e I'm using only one server which acts as asterisk as well as mysql as well as apache.
Would I require the load balancing script to run?

If just want to hangup the line as soon as AMD and then can I put a entry in the database in that record of that particular lead as AMD?

Plz advice.

Thanx in advance.

Dev
dev_4901

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:24 pm

the load balancing scripts will work jsut fine on non-load-balanced systems.

To simply hangup it would just be easier to change Playback(conf) to Playback(beep) and the call would quickly be hungup and it would be logged in the list as being an answering machine.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby dev_4901 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:10 pm

OK got it.

One more thing, suppose I'm running two or three campaign simultaneously. They can all be dialing US or another scenario like one dialing US and the other dialing UK. Do I have to specify different extensions for the transfer scripts i.e different for different campaigns or will only one work, like 8365.
Does this case apply to AMD too?

Also if one agent wants to tranfer the call to another agent/supervisor, how is this to be achieved. This is an intera-campaign tranfer only (same campaign tranfers to agent/supervisor).

Plz advice.

Thanx in advance.

Dev.
dev_4901

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:17 pm

dev_4901 wrote:One more thing, suppose I'm running two or three campaign simultaneously. They can all be dialing US or another scenario like one dialing US and the other dialing UK. Do I have to specify different extensions for the transfer scripts i.e different for different campaigns or will only one work, like 8365.

They can all dial with the same transfer scripts
Does this case apply to AMD too?

you will most likely want to use different AMD settings for US than you would want to use for UK.
Also if one agent wants to tranfer the call to another agent/supervisor, how is this to be achieved. This is an intera-campaign tranfer only (same campaign tranfers to agent/supervisor).

transfers can only be done in vicidial from a fronter to a closer, or from a closer to another closer, not from one fronter to another fronter. And you cannot transfer from one agent to another in the same campaign unless it is a closer campaign and the in-groups are different.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support