SMS Messaging

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

SMS Messaging

Postby MatHealthRight » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 pm

SMS and ViciDial...I have looked over posts from 2010 and searched 8 ways to Sunday for new information regarding SMS through ViciDial. Seems like a lot of modifications and trickery from the posts in 2010.

I am a sales manager who uses vicidial and not a programmer so forgive me the absence of knowledge. Sometimes I annoy the programmer so I can't ask him questions....
MatHealthRight

Re: SMS Messaging

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:46 pm

We recommend using SMS to email gateways for integration with SMS systems, then use VICIdial email configuration to achieve that functionality.

There isn't as much demand in the USA for SMS because SMS messages are more expensive than a phone call, are not guaranteed delivery, and because of the TCPA they are illegal in many cases.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby MatHealthRight » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Makes sense and thank you for the quick reply. Our company currently leverages a 3rd party that we send leads to for return inbound and it is great, except we can't control the lead then. Kind of like dropping your kid off at daycare.
MatHealthRight

Postby williamconley » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:38 pm

We have a functional SMS automation for a couple clients in production servers presently. Heavily regulated, so you have to be careful to NOT cold-call via SMS, but it does work.

If you have the option of converting the SMS to email, however, that will "blend right in" with the email system in Vicidial. If, however, you want to offer the agent a button to 'send a text to a client right now' for whatever reason, that can be done with an SMS provider that offers an API. They are often not easy to get working, but once online they are very reliable.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby kshkaran2k » Thu May 17, 2018 3:16 am

You can create an Web-APP and host it in Google App Engine or in LAN or anywhere outside and pass the values to it using the "webform" and "webform2" buttons available in the agent screen.
In the webapp you can do all the logging and the configuration as per your requirements. The same can be used for email as well.
kshkaran2k

Postby austin.rock9 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:43 am

We have used Outbound Email & SMS module from this company https://www.elisiontec.com/vicidial-goa ... -solution/ couple of months back and seams they have very good module which helps you to get inbound sms & do outbound sms manually & automatically on basis of disposition.
austin.rock9

Postby carpenox » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:59 pm

twilio has a nice option
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Return to Development