Vicidial GUI changes

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial GUI changes

Postby haz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:52 am

Hell all!

I am a begginer here and i have the following questions, appreciate if you can help or guide me:

1- Is it possible to change the vicidial agent gui? If yes please how? I can't seem to succeed in applying php changes to the vicidial pages.
2- IS there a swedish language translation for the agent gui? If not can i make one by chaning the php pages? HOW?

Regards
Haz
haz

Re: Vicidial GUI changes

Postby DomeDan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:56 am

Hi and Välkommen to the forum! :wink:

1. it should be no problem editing the php files, what method do you use to change the files? and what files?
the files in use is under /srv/www/htdocs/ on a normal vicibox-installation

2. Yes there is, to translate the agent ui you just run the build_translation_www_files.pl script from the directory trunk/
but right now the translation scripts breaks the agent ui viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26801
I'm working on it to make it work again, and hopefully better :)
if you you just want it translated right now I can send you a modified se_translation.txt but that depends on what vicidial build you're using.

and post your vicidial version and build iso-filename or installation method.
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby haz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 am

Thanks for your answers and here are some more information:
0- I have downloaded the iso from vicibox and it was called ViciBox.x86_64-4.0.3.preload.iso from then i made an express installation. After the installation i made an update as indicated in the installation manuals. thats it. the system is running i made a test campain and i can see the system calling the agent and the customer.

1- Yes what i did is to export the php files from /srv/www/htdocs/ and then used Zend studio to edit one file (vicidial.php) i only changed text such as Dial next number to make it in Swedish. saved the php file and then send it back to the /srv/www/htdocs/ folder to replace the existing file. I have restarted apache but still my changes did not apply.

2- please send me the swedish text files together with instruction on how to import or install these.

3- IS it possible to rebuilt or customize the agent gui? (Better appearance)
haz

Postby DomeDan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:21 am

Ok, also post your version and build, you can see that info in the bottom of almost every admin-page.

My guess is that you might have edited in the wrong place, try to download the file again and confirm that your change is still there.

I can send you the file when i know what version and build you're using :)

you can use css to customize some of the stuff, the file is agc/css/custom.css
I've even made swedish gif-images for the buttons in the agent ui, you might even have them on your server, depending on which version/build you have.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
DomeDan

Postby haz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:36 am

Here comes information about my build and version:
VERSION: 2.6-394a, BUILD: 130130-1207
What is applicaple for me now that you know the version and build numbers?
haz

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 am

It is a requirement for use of this cool free forum. All that the sponsor asks is that you post this useful information so we know how to help you (different versions are different!) and so that future users with similar questions who happen to have your version may find this post.

And ... if DomeDan created a swedish translation file and you don't post your version, he cannot tell if his file is in your system. so always post it! LOL

Here is my standard Newbie Suggestion statement, which may help clear things up:

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby DomeDan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 pm

he wrote his admin version and build and thats all that is needed for this william :)

And just to be clear i didn't create the translation, just added more, made corrections and created the gif-images.

I can send you the se_translation.txt I used in my last upgrade, gonna just check once more that no functions will be broken.
and yeah you got my gif-images i can tell from your admin-build.

and check out this topic regarding åäö http://vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/viewt ... =5&t=26684
DomeDan

Postby DomeDan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:37 am

I've pasted the modified se_translation.txt on pastebin http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vd6PPUby did a testrun and it seams like pastebin dont mess up the file.

the steps to create the swedish agc:
Code: Select all
# cd /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/translations/
# cp se_language.txt se_language.txt.bak  #always make backups
# wget -O se_language.txt http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vd6PPUby
# head se_language.txt  #does it look ok?
# cd ..
# /usr/share/astguiclient/build_translation_www_files.pl --client-only -debug --language=se

the script will take about 10-15 minutes to run i guess
then /srv/www/htdocs/agc_se/ is created (agc_en is also created)

-- Edit: had written the wrong filename, fixed now
Last edited by DomeDan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomeDan

Postby williamconley » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 pm

would it not be preferable to post this to the issue tracker for inclusion?
williamconley

Postby DomeDan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Yeah but I'm working on a bigger rewrite of the translation-file and some modifications to the script,
and I rather complete that work and post it to the issue tracker instead.
DomeDan

Postby williamconley » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:54 pm

:) sounds fair. especially if you are doing all the work. LOL
williamconley

Postby haz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:37 am

Hello Domedan!
Thanks for your efforts and help. I know what i did wrong (newbie error)
I am trying to chage the texts there it is an image and not a text. :)
Stupid av me but shit happens.

Regards
haz

Postby haz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:07 am

hello all!
This is to inform you that i have installed the swedish translations i got from DomeDan and the system is working. I have not been able to make extensive testing yet but will do later.
INFO:
One thing i have observed is that Swedish texts buttons appear "strange" or differ from the English ones. The buttons are or seem to be thinner than the english version and spacing among buttons differ too.
this is just a minor note and honestly as i do not know how DomeDan generated these texts i am not sure if it is possible to fix.

Regards
HAZ
haz

Postby DomeDan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:39 am

Yeah I created them by hand, I didn't find the correct font,
and I needed to change the spacing on some of them to make them fit the size of the gif

If you want you can upload modified ones to the issue tracker :)
DomeDan

Postby haz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:46 am

Hello DomeDan!

Thanks for the answer and the good job on the trasnlation.
What do you mean could not find the correct font? I thought these were gif files is not it?
haz

Postby DomeDan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:28 am

I mean the font of the text in the gif images
here is the topic about the gif fonts: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25721
DomeDan

Postby bru.brian.ngo » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:31 pm

hi good day everyone i just would like to ask, is it possible if i apply bootstrap to make the Interface of VICI more presentable and nice?
bru.brian.ngo

Postby mflorell » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:42 pm

vicidial.php is very complex. It contains over 100 spans and hundreds of lines of custom javascript code. When we tried to use Jquery a few years ago, it crashed web browsers, so any kind of modular coding framework might have issues with the complexity of how vicidial.php functions.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:29 pm

bru.brian.ngo wrote:hi good day everyone i just would like to ask, is it possible if i apply bootstrap to make the Interface of VICI more presentable and nice?

You absolutely can. This is likely to be a very long process, however, as there is a lot of code plus there are a lot of overlapping layers in Vicidial.

If you do, please be sure to upgrade your development environment regularly and ask here for help on overlaps. If you want help while you're working, it's a good idea to keep your code in GIT or some other public location to accept contributions.

As Matt pointed out, be very careful about adding load to the client browser with whatever method you choose. Vicidial's agent interface is a complex and heavily scripted page. Test every step of the way. 8-)

We've modified the screen for many clients, always in special situations and (to date) never the entire screen. If you get enough help to actually create a fully-modifiable Vicidial Agent Screen, you'll be very popular. :)
williamconley

Return to Development