Privacy manager, Binfone IAX2 outbound and Vitelity DIDs

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Privacy manager, Binfone IAX2 outbound and Vitelity DIDs

Postby mikefink80 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I want to start off by expressing my thanks for making such a useful quality product available to the open source community.

I also have a few questions that hopefully someone will have some good advice about relating to privacy managers. This is the current situation I am dealing with which brought about the questions I have:

I recently switched a campaign my company had been running in predictive mode to auto dial because it seemed as if we weren't penetrating our lists very well. This is when I found out that a lot of my calls were running into a privacy manager problem. This is obviously slowing down my contacts and it's quite painful to buy leads that you may never talk to because your calls are getting intercepted, and equally as painful to have problems contacting client's.

Our setup has been running our outbound calls through IAX with Binfone with CID passing through from our campaign so we can display the numbers of DIDs we purchased through Vitelity that are routing into the dialer through SIP.

It is obvious that CID set in the campaign is often displayed as we do get people calling us back based on the number showing up on their caller ID, and when I test manual calls to my cell phone/business phone the caller ID that is setup to display through the campaign always displays. However, everyone I have asked tells me that I shouldn't have privacy manager problems as long as we are displaying a valid 10 digit phone number, which we are, yet I continue to have these problems. Would doing LIBD/CNAM updates to the numbers we are passing through to Binfone from our campaigns possibly solve this problem, or does it just seem like a Binfone issue? Has anyone else ran into a similar situation that may have some additional advice?

Thanks in advance for your input!
mikefink80

Postby mflorell » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:41 am

astguiclient version?

Is this a multi-server setup?

CNAME updates always helps your overall penetration of a list, although I don't know of privacy managers that will activate solely based upon that.

Can you replicate the problem, does this happen reapeatedly to the same numbers but not others?

I have had clients with the same kind of problem(not on Binfone or Vitelity specifically) but their VOIP carrier was just randomly not sending out callerID. Solved the problem by changing carriers.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mikefink80 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:59 pm

astguiclient version is 2.0.4-121 which I believe was rc3.

This is a single server setup. I recently added a call disposition for privacy manager so I can separate them and I figure in the next day or two I will reset just the privacy managers to see if it happens to the same numbers or see if we get through the next time.
mikefink80

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:40 pm

if you can get a list of privacy manager'd numbers, you can also try manually dialing them or dialing them with other callerids. There may be "blacklists" involved and/or you may be missing from a "white list". You could also try a land line callerid number (to see if the privacy systems are invoking based on provider for the phone in question).

I'm just guessing, of course, because i've never had this problem. But it certainly sounds like it will be coming my way soon. often problems announce HERE first. (Like ASR requirements when they changed last)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion