Calls Being Placed/Ringing Different From Binfone

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Calls Being Placed/Ringing Different From Binfone

Postby konextu » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey guys,

Ok here is my problem, and maybe there is nothing that can be done but here goes anyways...

In the admin page i'm seeing at times over 200 calls being placed/ringing... However in talking with BinFone they are saying they have never seen more than 65 active lines being used by us. We are really trying to get wait times down so i'm kind of clueless as to where to look into this issue?

Version: 2.2.0-176
Build: 90322-1105
Asterisk: 1.4.21.2

Load AVG on Dialer: .45 .51 .51
Load AVG on MySQL: .68 .71 .72

Both machine's have 2 X quadcore CPU's and 8/16 gb of ram respectively.

I welcome all thoughts/comments/suggestions

Thanks guys!
konextu

Postby ced » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:31 am

One thing I found that was keeping our dialing down was the firewall -

During high volume times, we were getting an error on the firewall saying
"Cannot allocate SIP call because device is fielding too many calls."

Just a suggestion on where to look...

CD
ced

Postby williamconley » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:32 pm

have you checked to see what the cli thinks the number of active calls is? (asterisk issue vs vicidial issue or communications between the two) ... have you watched your cli to see if you are getting "congestion" for the overage or perhaps your system is ... hey wait a minute ... 2.2.0? did you try 2.0.5?

and once again: did you try another provider? (it never hurts to have a second provider, even if the only reason you use them is to "rule them out"). I love binfone, but EVERYONE needs a backup for everything that they can reasonably get a backup for.

LOL (Have you backed up your MySQL today? everyone?)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby konextu » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:20 pm

Yea we were on 2.0.5, i've had this system on SVN since birth (Jan 09), with weekly upgrades. Tomorrow i'll dig around see what the CLI from asterisk thinks is going on.

Yes we tried flow route, after two day's they banned us for having a 68% ASR :-(. I thought 68 was high!.

Oh and MySQL is full backup at midnight and noon. Incremental every 30 minutes. and Differential every 2 hours... yes i know thats overkill but i'm paranoid.

Thanks for the help guys!
konextu

Postby williamconley » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:28 pm

I just have to say ... brilliant backup plan. Don't let anyone tell you it's overkill. The "overkill" was in setting it up, after that it's perfect. So if you had the time to set it up and you actually TOOK IT ... well, i'm happy to hear when someone says that. That's one of the things that can really make a business owner VERY happy without ever knowing it happened. It's when the backup is a month old, never happened, or never tested that someone get seriously bummed.

Once again: Excellent backup strategy. Congrats.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion