Web based training

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Web based training

Postby ykhan » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Hello,

It is wonderful to see Vicidial grow from a small perl based application to a real contender in the small to medium sized call center market. The project team has been very professional through the years in supporting and developing the product.

Since the market for this product is fully global, just wondering if there may be plans eventually to provide web based training (or even recordings of trainings) for a pay per download type of a scenario for those of us that cannot make the journey to Florida. Maybe this can be offered at a lower cost with either streamed media (Goto Meeting or similar) or recorded videos of the existing training sessions. I really think that this approach will make it easier for a lot of us who would like to get in depth knowledge but are not able to take the trip.

Thanks. :D
ykhan

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:14 pm

It would be a great way to disseminate the information, but unfortunately it is cost prohibitive to offer such training. The amount of time needed to record and edit 4 days of training into a web-based streaming video setup would mean that we would have to charge a lot of money just to break even. This is still a niche market, and going based on the sales numbers for the manuals there isn't much chance of us offering an in-depth training over the web any time soon.

We have given thought to at least offering Manager training through regional training companies and as soon as we find companies that are good enough to take on the task we will be able to start offering this.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby codehaxor » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:59 pm

i have done 3 training sessions in our area just focusing on installation of asterisk and its integration with vicidial, i already have finished some video tutorials (not HD though) but will still upload it to youtube, unfortunately my mom had her cataract removed and my dads leg amputated due to diabetis it slowed down the progress of me editing and uploading (even slowed me down on existing projects), but hopefully before the month ends ill have the video tutorial uploaded, its going to be in youtube, but its not the official vicidial training session videos, its just my contribution to the community.
Team Dax Cordova IT Consulting
Vicidial Remote & Onsite Installation / Configuration / Custom Development / Consultancy Services
http://www.linkedin.com/in/codehaxor
FREE VICIDIAL INSTALLATION IN THE PHILIPPINES
codehaxor

Postby mflorell » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Best wishes to your parents for a quick recovery, and we look forward to seeing the videos when you post them.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion