new to forum and have questions- can someone please help

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

new to forum and have questions- can someone please help

Postby gp32765 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Hello
I am looking to sell hosted dialers with advance features to clients. We are currently resellers and want to own this ourselves.
I am relativley new to this technology as our forte is selling the systems. Can you answer a few questions for me when you get a chance? An advice would be appreciated. My questions will probably sound really stupid so please forgive me in advance.
1. To start vicidial system, what is the lease expensive option, renting servers or buying servers? Call quality has to be exceptional!!!!!
2. Do I need to contact a phone company to handle the lines, and what do those charge? I heard that some people charge 1.4 cents per minute.
3. IS vicidial a relliable system?
4. I heard that you can use a hybrid model where you can use phone lines and the computer for the system? Is this going to be the best solution for call quality?
5. If you use the vicidial system then why do you have to pay a per minute usage if the calls are made over the internet?
6. I am also looking for a easy to use system. Our clients are not einstiens. Vicidial seems very hard to start using, Do you know of anyother power dialers or predictive dialers that we can by from someone. Ease of use has to be key.

Any help would be awesome and thank you so so much
gp32765

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Moved out of Development because this is not really related to development and this person is not a developer.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Actually, you should be asking all these questions in the Asterisk forum. With the exception of whether Vicidial is reliable, the other questions pertain primarily to Asterisk itself, which is the engine upon which Vicidial runs.

If, however, you are ONLY interested in "dialers" and want to learn in here: download VicidialNOW and install it on a spare computer in your office. That was all FREE. It will run without any money being spent and you can make calls AFTER you get a VOIP account with a provider. For $20 or less there are LOTS of providers (many will even give you $1 free to try them out in your free account) where you can dial for quite some time before actually spending any money. $1 will function to prove the system WORKS, $20 is a LOT of minutes.

If you cannot afford $20 for a good solid test ... perhaps you should try Skype. (just kidding)

Seriously, download the .iso for VicidialNOW today (or if you want to learn MUCH more, you can always try a Scratch Install!) and you can be running very quickly with no money invested. And then you can answer the rest of those questions for yourself.

Oh, and to answer your question: Vicidial is EXTREMELY reliable (as long as you have a reliable Asterisk and OS underneath it and good hardware, and your VOIP provider and connections are Sound, but the Vicidial system itself, aside from various dependencies, is VERY reliable).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion