How did you find out about VICIDIAL?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How did you find out about VICIDIAL?

Google/search engine - I knew I wanted a dialer, so I searched around
22%
SourceForge - I stumbled upon this project poking around SourceForge
2%
Digium/Asterisk forum - The Asterisk forum refered me
3%
Other forum - Some other forum pointed refered me
0%
Forked products - I was looking at a similar product, when I realized they're based on the VICIDIAL project
1%
Forked Service - Someone was offering VICIDIAL as a service and I did my own research
5%
I am mflorell - I created VICIDIAL!
1%
Friend or Associate
22%
Friend or Associate
22%
Other
22%

Total votes : 292

Re: How did you find out about VICIDIAL?

Postby mav2287 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:49 pm

I was looking for a phone system and a company tried to sell me a hosted option. I figured out it was open source started to play.
ViciBox5.x86_64-5.0.3.preload from .iso upgraded to 13.1 | VERSION: 2.10-444c BUILD: 150129-0828 | 1.8.32.2-vici | Dual Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel twin quad core 3Ghz Xeon chips | 32gb of RAM
mav2287

Postby santhuarnold » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:09 am

i started my career by supporting and learning VICIDIAL.
my company gave a opportunity to work with an Vicidial, now am proud that our company is best support for vicidial in south india...

Really Vicidial is an amazing product, if we do some more customization we can give more fight other commercial product.

Please buy manager manual and support VICIDIAL team... http://www.eflo.net/store.php

Thanks
santhuarnold
ViciBox v.7.0.1| Asterisk 11.21.0-vici | VERSION: 2.12-546a | BUILD: 160328-0316
santhuarnold

Postby nandotech » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Wow.

Amazing to me--I knew to expect the "direct referral" or friend/associate numbers would be high, but 42% is ridiculous. Same with it being on the poll twice. ;)
NandoTech, Inc | Software Developers and Telephony Solution Experts
ViciDIAL Hosting | Full Custom Installations | CRM Integrations | Support & Training
www.nandotech.com | 561-757-7187 | info@nt-x.com
For awesome VoIP/SIP Trunking: Arctele Communications, Inc
nandotech

Postby angelanavejas » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:33 am

Through Google.
angelanavejas

Postby Flayer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:47 pm

The search engine marketing works great for your product. Big props to your marketing team for the effort.
BPM'online - innovative crm solutions for business
Flayer

Postby danny arnold » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:01 am

As for me, it was a few months ago when I met my acquaintance who told me about vicidial. Actually I have never heard about it before. But I started to look for the information and tried to implement in my business. In fact it works successfully!
danny arnold

Postby Madermo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:39 am

I actually was searching for my business some similar solution, to cut the telephone expenses. When my company was small and we needed call service for 3-4 persons only we were using services for individuals, like http://keku.com, http://rebtel.com, https://www.callnspeak.com/. Now I have 50 people in stuff and almost 40 of them need constant access to such a service to communicate with our customers abroad… now we are thinking of implementing this solution at our contact center.
Now I'm reachable by ...
Madermo

Postby jenniferhudson » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:30 am

My friend told me about VICIDIAL some days back
jenniferhudson

Postby thephaseusa » Wed May 09, 2018 8:07 am

Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 2975
DB Schema Version: 1543
BUILD: 180430-1834
4 Box Cluster of 1 Database, 1 Asterisk, 1 Web, & 1 Archive Server.
Fundraising Call Center

I took a telemarketing job in 1984 selling Shrine Circus tickets. In 1986 I opened my first call center, with land lines and manual dialing. In 2003 I bought my first predictive dialer, a Marketel 5 station box. By 2007 I had 13 of them, 65 stations, and had paid off those dialers, which cost me around $150,000. Marketel went out of business around around 2012. The “permanent, never-expiring product keys” they issued me when I had paid off the dialers worked until the company went out of business, at which time my dialers couldn’t call home to their servers in Canada anymore and verify the codes were good. So the next time I moved a dialer or changed any hardware, that dialer wouldn’t work anymore. I still have those dialers by the way. I recently decided to throw them in a dumpster, but I haven’t had the heart to do it yet. So, in the fall of 2016 I was approached by a company in the Philippine Islands offering me a lead generation service. I hired them. i provide them data to call, scripts, and voice recordings, and they began calling using avatar soundboards. I used them for around 6 months, and though I just broke even on the service, they called cold calls and generated us a lot of new customers, so it worked out well for me. They made the sales and transferred them to us to close. And guess how that transfer took place? Through a log in to a vicidial server. When I stopped using that service, I thought to myself, this VICIdial program is very cool, maybe I could use it myself without those guys. I first looked at GoAutoDial because it was centos based, and I had been running centos servers for years. But after installing it and looking at the interface, and seeing it didn’t look anything like the demo I looked at of VICIdial, I soon found vicibox, installed it on one box, and within a week started pounding them from VICIdial. This was March of 2017. I have a cluster of vicidial servers now, and have been using vicidial for a little over a year. When I first downloaded vicibox and installed it and started using it, I couldn’t believe it was real. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, the catch to be revealed. It couldn’t be free, it just couldn’t be. I was in shock for about a month. A gift from heaven. Unbelievable. I write these words and I feel a little guilty. Now I’m a regular vicidial user, I’m greedy for new features, and I’m asking about new releases and the latest improvements. Open source software is one of the greatest things on the planet. Matt you and the guys could have switched VICIdial to proprietary software a long time ago, and made a lot more money. Thank you for deciding to stay the open source course. You changed my life and my business for the better, and many more thousands of users as well. Thank you sirs!
thephaseusa

Postby Scripts » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:15 pm

i first learned vicidial way back ... between 2011 - 2013 ..

however, it was not like i was able to manager, handle, take control or play around with it.

my work entails me to do technical stuff or support but it wasn't exactly about calls. however, it was only in the later part that i was introduce to Parsec (an Indian-based program) we used in the center. at the same time, i was also introduce to Televantage.

during those years, i'm not really into details about dialer :P

i've learned vicidial only after i applied for another company. i was really thankful to the Dialer Administrator of that company i applied for that even if it was only an interview, the DA showed me features of vicidial ...

well, it also takes me between like 6 - 7 years later before i have really got hold of vicidial.

as of the moment, i'm still learning and wants to know more in which i want to go into deep but not that lower level of learning in vicidial :twisted:

so that's my story.
Scripts

Postby williamconley » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Scripts wrote:i'm still learning and wants to know more in which i want to go into deep but not that lower level of learning in vicidial :twisted:

1) Vicidial Manager's Manual. Get the paid version. Srsly.

2) /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/docs - Read 'em all.

3) /srv/www/htdocs/vicidial (& /agc) - read all the script's intros. There are usually some that are undocumented.

4) /usr/share/astguiclient - read all the script's intros. Most can be executed with "--help" for a list of options, but notes are also present in the top of the code.

5) /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/ - read all the script's intros. There are usually some that are undocumented.

8-) Happy Hunting.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby BlueTelecoms » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:31 am

I started working at a company that uses Vicidial alot. Began learning more and more about the system and eventually became pretty good at it!
Predictive Dialers, VOIP, PBX and Sip Trunking
https://bluetelecoms.com # +44 (333) 444 555 8
BlueTelecoms

Previous

Return to General Discussion