Why I cannot listen to the voicemail message in vicidial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Why I cannot listen to the voicemail message in vicidial

Postby Joss2103 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:56 am

How are you!

I think that in my previous post I did not explain well about a situation that I present.

What happens is that I dial manually in vicidia, but sometimes there are numbers in it, it just keeps dialing for a while without hearing anything and at the end it sends an unavailable service error

While if I dial it from the direct trunk without going through vicidial or from a cell phone if it throws the message that the one that the number is out of service, voicemail or that it does not exist.

I do not know if there is any parameter that I need to configure in trunk or other configuration, in codecs if all are configured and the main g729
Joss2103

Re: Why I cannot listen to the voicemail message in vicidial

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:03 pm

Vicidial does not provide "ring tone" for calls due to a combination of items:

1) You are not dialing from a "phone". Your Phone is in a Conference Room. Dialing out from a PHONE ordinarily allows the phone to interpret a "ringing" signal as a cue to begin the "ring" sound. But meetme rooms have no such compulsion. Thus your phone in a meetme room when Vicidial generates a call connected to the meetme room doesn't result in any sound unless the receiving party generates sound, which most do not (unless you have a custom ringtone cellphone).

2) Vicidial autodialing generally has NO ONE listening. It's an autodialer. There's no human, thus no need for a ringtone to play for the nonexistent listener.

As a result, when you dial out you will not hear anything in many cases until either the phone is answered or terminated by an operator intercept "out of service" message.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion