Reg : Vicidial per call RAM usage

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Reg : Vicidial per call RAM usage

Postby palani.sivagurunathan » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Team,

This is my Installation details

Vicidial Version : 2.13-576a
Build : 161126-2138
Asterisk : 11.25.3
Libpri : 1.4.12
Dahdi : 2.10.2
PHP : PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.26
MySql : mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.61

Server Platform : Single Processor Dedicated Server
Processor : Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630, v3 20M Cache, 2.40 GHz, Octo Core QTY: 1
Drive Selection, Set 2: HP 600GB 12G SAS

I am installed all the software in single server and running Inbound process only . Can you please share me a vicidial per call RAM utilization . Please someone answer for my question .

Please Advice.

Thanks,
Palanivel S
palani.sivagurunathan

Re: Reg : Vicidial per call RAM usage

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:53 pm

You did not include your installation instructions link. This can be important as different installation methods can result in a different operating environment, and mistakes can be shared among those with the same installation method if that link is present to bring them together.

To answer your question more directly:

"per call" not as simple as it sounds. A call that routes through a DID to an Ingroup and then awaits an agent in an ingroup will be handled very differently than a call that routes through a DID to a Call Menu and then lands in a phone. It will also be very different based on whether that call is passed directly to an agent or whether it gets stuck waiting for an agent. Different AGI scripts are involved and each will have a different CPU load.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby palani.sivagurunathan » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for your response .

I installed vicidial on following URL.

https://www.thoutam.com/category/vicidial/

Before reaching to AGI script , i verify the ANI block list . I have some Block list ANI in table , i verify the ANI number if match i hangup the call otherwise i sent the call to vicidial AGI .

Then Call reaching to DID and Ingroup then agent . There is no configuration for Call Menu.

1. Call reaching to DID and Ingroup , Playing welcome message and reaching the call to agent.
2. If agent not available calls waiting in queue and playing Hold Message .

Please advice

Thanks,
Palanivel S
palani.sivagurunathan

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:37 pm

In which case you should test with five inbound calls and no agents to see what your load is and whether it remains stable while those calls are on hold. It will be different for your configuration than anyone else's based on your hardware and your unusual OS. But it should scale predictably if the load remains stable with five calls and does not escalate during the hold session.

Out of curiosity (and because it may help us to understand your situation), why do you use those installation instructions instead of installing from the Vicibox .iso installer?

If the reason is that your server is "in the cloud", then the next question is whether you have a dedicated hardware-based server or if it is a virtualized server with shared CPU or virtualized CPUs. If virtualization is involved in ANY way, your stability is always going to be in question, as that is the nature of a Virtual CPU. That sharing scheme has a cost. This is it. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion