vicidial_id in recording_log

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

vicidial_id in recording_log

Postby andrei.miron » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:51 am

Hi,

I installed the latest ViciBox rom iso form the site and it update it. I created a campaign and in-group and did some test calls.
The campaign is configured to record all calls. I noticed something:
- the line in recording_log has on the vicidial_id the closecallid like this: recording_log.vicidial_id=vicidial_closer_log.closecallid
- if in the DID I have Record Call: Y then in the recording_log there is a new line (beside one the above) where recording_log.vicidial_id=vicidial_closer_log.vicidial_id

Is this a bug or is a reason for this?

For our setup this is very awkward the Vicidial_id in recording_log is the closecallid (int) and then you cannot do a join on the 2 tables in order to easily find the recordings.
For outbound calls everything is ok due to the fact that vicidial_log.uniqueid is varchar so a join with recording_log is possible.

Thanks,
Andrei
ViciBox 9.0.1 from .iso
VERSION: 2.14-744a
BUILD: 200401-1448
Asterisk 13.29.2-vici
Single Server
No Digium/Sangoma Hardware
No Extra Software After Installation
VMWare 14
andrei.miron

Re: vicidial_id in recording_log

Postby mflorell » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:30 am

When a call comes into a DID at first, there is no entry in the vicidial_closer_log for that call, so you can't use the closecallid in the recording_log when the record is inserted.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby andrei.miron » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:27 am

I understand that.

I don't understand why it is used closecallid in the column vicidial_id and not the uniqueid. Using uniqueid in the column vicidial_id it will be possible to have a join select between vicidial_closer_log and recording_log.
What is the advantage or the reason it is used closecallid in the column uniqueid in recording_log?

Thanks,
Andrei
andrei.miron

Postby mflorell » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:25 am

Uniqueid was not used because when you transfer a call from one in-group to another it would have the same uniqueid, which would make it harder to identify which recording went with which ingroup-handled call. The same is not true of outbound calls where you can only have one.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby andrei.miron » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:27 am

Aha, thanks for the info.

Do you think it will be a problem to transform closecallid in varchar(20) like vicidial_id? In this way a join select will be possible.

Thanks,
Andrei
andrei.miron

Postby mflorell » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:58 am

That is an AUTO_INCREMENT field, so I wouldn't recommend it. We also try to stay away from using JOINs in our SQL most of the time because of how horrible they are for performance of the database.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion