Consultative calls questions

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Consultative calls questions

Postby EXviciman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:29 pm

Hello Vicidial fellows,

My Machine:

Asterisk 11.25.3-vici built by abuild @ lamb68 on a x86_64 running Linux on
ViciBox v.8.0.1
VERSION: 2.14-675a
BUILD: 180520-1749

My Questions:

We work closer - fronter setup and mainly use consultative calls, we transfer the call to a 'consultant' then fronter leaves the 3 way call ,

1. I wanted to know whether there is a possibility to use the quick transfer button with the consultative call (without me changing the code)?

2. I noticed that on consultative transfers it takes some time usually for the call to be transferred (like 5-10 seconds my agents report), is that normal on Consult transfer? if not what would you check?

maybe these stats related:
SERVER + DESCRIPTION IP ACT LOAD CHAN AGNT DISK OUTBOUND INBOUND
vicibox Server vicibox 10.10.10.10 Y / Y / Y 1589 - 36% 146 30 98% LINK LINK

Interested to know what you guys have to say :)
EXviciman

Re: Consultative calls questions

Postby williamconley » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:36 pm

EXviciman wrote:1. I wanted to know whether there is a possibility to use the quick transfer button with the consultative call (without me changing the code)?

What settings have you tried?

EXviciman wrote:2. I noticed that on consultative transfers it takes some time usually for the call to be transferred (like 5-10 seconds my agents report), is that normal on Consult transfer? if not what would you check?

Try it with NO users on a test transfer. It should be instantaneous. You should be able to watch the Asterisk CLI and see the transfer initiate as soon as you hit the button. If the transfer involves more than one server, the receiving server should also have instantaneous activity on the asterisk CLI. Have a look at the CLI for all servers involved during a test call and see what's happening.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby EXviciman » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:43 pm

williamconley wrote:
EXviciman wrote:2. I noticed that on consultative transfers it takes some time usually for the call to be transferred (like 5-10 seconds my agents report), is that normal on Consult transfer? if not what would you check?

Try it with NO users on a test transfer. It should be instantaneous. You should be able to watch the Asterisk CLI and see the transfer initiate as soon as you hit the button. If the transfer involves more than one server, the receiving server should also have instantaneous activity on the asterisk CLI. Have a look at the CLI for all servers involved during a test call and see what's happening.

This one worked out ok in the end

williamconley wrote:
EXviciman wrote:1. I wanted to know whether there is a possibility to use the quick transfer button with the consultative call (without me changing the code)?

What settings have you tried?

Well I was going through the built in presets and it seems they either go to specific exetensions or if we dial outside the dialer. Also the in-group option that does a blind transfer and that is not what I am looking for, rather to something related to consultative transfers.

I saw there is something about custom 3-way call button - but that doesn't go to an ingroup and doesn't seem to be consultative.

My question is - can you think of an easy way to implement consultative transfer on either the 'custom transfer' or the 'quick transfer' buttons? I though maybe there is something I can do with the presets though like if there is a specific extension within the asterisk for consultative transfers/ to that specific ingroup. I would like to hear what you guys think before I go in breaking stuff :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
EXviciman

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Ordinarily if an agent performs a consultative transfer using a dropdown chosen ingroup, their next transfer will be that same one by default with consutative pre-checked and the prior ingroup pre-chosen. So you may simply want to create a method to manually pre-set those options without that first transfer being required to make it happen. That should be a pretty simple javascript addition. and then of course consider making it a preference of some sort and submitting a diff to make it survive upgrade (by having it added to the codebase, of course).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion