AMD not working for some number

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

AMD not working for some number

Postby nithack » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:10 pm

VERSION: 2.14-669a
BUILD: 180411-1647
© 2018 ViciDial Group
Asterisk:11.22.0-vici
Centos :6.9

Hi Team,

I doing Survey-1 camp and facing problem for some number the call is connecting at customer they are picking up call but no Survey First Audio audible its blank call and after sometime it disconnect.
But we get Status as AA but customer has not enabled Voicemail.

8366 routing extensions is working fine for all the number.
But 8373 and 8375 which is used for Answering Machine Detection are not working fine for certain number.

I have Tried using VERSION: 2.12 version but still same issue.

Your help needed.
nithack

Re: AMD not working for some number

Postby williamconley » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:16 pm

AMD is neither a module nor a feature of Vicidial. It's part of Asterisk. It's also a fairly old module and doesn't get a lot of attention from what I understand. But most importantly, there are so many different kinds of answering machines, answering services, menus, ivrs, etc. all around the world that there is no non-human method at present of determining VM vs Live before sending the call to an agent that is in any way universal. Asterisk AMD works fairly well in the USA.

Your best bet would be to find a forum specific to Asterisk, perhaps even one that has users who handle that module quite a bit as it has some adjustments available. But I can't even begin to suggest you'll get better reliability than you have now.

All that being said: You should not be using AMD in the first place. Even when it's correct (and identifies humans vs machines), the humans experience an extra two seconds of silence at the front of the call. This is how long it takes AMD to "guess". That two seconds is enough to piss off the general public and dramatically reduce sales or production numbers. Try a campaign with a couple fresh agents who have never had AMD on their shift and allow the agents to terminate the call and dispo "A" or transfer the call by using the transfer-conf pane's "VM" button to leave a message. That campaign will likely have much better numbers with your humans making the decision about humans (by immediately interacting with them, two seconds earlier than a machine would).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion